Other UserDatabase :(
  • 2005/2/11 12:06

• Mandarine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hi !!!

I've got a big problem :

I use XOOPS portal v2.
I have already got a userDatabase under Oracle without the same structure than the XOOPS users table

I'd like to authorize these users to connect to xoops...
I cannot change directly in the code the connection to my table because tables have different structure.
How can I update XOOPS users' table automatically with my other database ? (eq. signals/slots in C++ language)
I think it's the simpliest solution.... but if you've got another....

PS : My table is enormous, so the computing has to be quick...

THX to help me ;)

(PS : if you speak French, you will be kind to write in English (official language of this forum) AND in French)
(PS : Si vous pouvez expliquer en anglais : langue officielle du forum ET en francais ca pourrait etre sympa ;))

If someone could help me, it would be great !!!!

m0nty
Re: Other UserDatabase :(
  • 2005/2/11 12:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

if u can save the db as a csv or something, then strip out the un-necessary fields & columns.. and then rename them to match the xoops_users table it would be easiest..

if ur users passwords are md5 encrypted that would be even better as they wouldn't be required to redo their passwords :S

all you would need is the username, email & password.. then add the extra fields for level and status so they become active.. those are the main things, you could then goto XOOPS admin and then add all the users to the groups automatically..

off hand i can't say for sure a quick way round it or whether a script could do it.. but this is 1 way of doing it..

you could then import the csv back into the MySQL db using phpmyadmin..

Login

Who's Online

435 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 435

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits