larrymac
Module file not found
  • 2005/2/10 23:58

• larrymac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

I'm trying to upload/install the ARMS Content Management module. I've gotten other modules to install, so I know I'm hitting the right directory but when I unzip it I get a message saying "Module file not found!". I've had the same thing with lots of other modules, so I'm sure it's some newbie screw-up on my part but the fact that other modules install fine after I unzip makes me think that it's something I'm missing and not just my general newbieness.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JasonMR
Re: Module file not found
  • 2005/2/11 0:53

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Unzipping is often not enough, because some developers like to zip/tar the module folder with a complete filestructure.

After unzipping/tarring, check the new folder, established trough the decompressing process. You will most likely find folders "html", "module", or something like "module_version_number_x.x.x", which is a clear indicator, that the actual module-folder, is NOT in the XOOPS-module-folder.

You are getting the message "Module File not found", because the installation script checks at the following level for a file titled "xoops_version.php":

(in the following FCBD == FOLDERCREATEDBYDECOMPRESSING
and AF2BIXM == ACTUALLFOLDER2BinXOOPSMODULEFOLDER
XOOPS_ROOT/modules/FCBD/xoops_version.php)

So, the situation you will most likely find is something like this:

XOOPS_ROOT/modules/FCBD/html/modules/AF2BIXM/xoops_version.php

...which is why such messages turn up in the admin area.

Hope this helps you...

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits