antah
Various images from page to page
  • 2005/2/10 16:25

• antah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/12

Hello there,

I'm making a site (russian - www.tglobal.ru/index.php) and if you'll visit that site you can see an image of MB truck there. I wonder, can i make this image to change from page to page? for example: at first page it'll be MB truck, and NEWS page newspaper image or smth, etc.

Can I code it somehow? Thanks beforehand!

m0nty
Re: Various images from page to page
  • 2005/2/10 16:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i think there's some clever javascripts that allow you to randomize images.. if u search google for them you'll find sites..

be specific in what you put in the search box with google as it can give you hundreds of pages that aren't relevant..

try searching for > 'random image script javascript html'

(don't paste the quotes ' )

having specific header images per page maybe a bit more difficult, but i think i have seen some hacks on this site if u search that i think can change the theme depending on what module you're viewing.. i don't know the links off hand..

but if you make say 3 themes identical except for the image and use that hack it maybe what you're looking for.. however you may have to search for the hack or module as i don't remember the links to it..

antah
  • 2005/2/10 20:39

• antah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/12

No, i want this images change from module to module, or even from page to page (cause i want different images for wfsection articles).

And for random images i can suggest internal XOOPS banner system. One time I used it at my site www.chinacargo.ru

highlander
  • 2005/2/10 21:40

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi Antah,

Great image !! (personally I wouldnt change it )

However the image probaly comes from your theme. You might be able to use a XOOPS variable as part of the image url. Its an ugly hack but it would work.

I am afraid I don't know which XOOPS variables are available but I am sure there is a list out there somewhere.

If there is a more elegant solution I suggest you try that.

You could ofcourse make a custom block on each page.

greetings Highlander.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits