StiGMaT
Installation not working
  • 2005/2/10 13:00

• StiGMaT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

After doing a succefull installation everything is ok green lights everywhere Admin username Created no prob.

I start the page but i get a ton of error messages: heres a few starting from the top:

GUAGE SPECIFIC SETTINGS %%%%% define('_CHARSET', 'ISO-8859-1'); define('_LANGCODE', 'en'); // change 0 to 1 if this language is a multi-bytes language define("XOOPS_USE_MULTIBYTES", "0"); ?>K","Taking you back to where you were...."); define("_LOGOUT","Logout"); define("_SUBJECT","Subject"); define("_MESSAGEICON","Message Icon"); define("_COMMENTS","Comments"); define("_POSTANON","Post Anonymously"); define("_DISABLESMILEY","Disable smiley"); define("_DISABLEHTML","Disable html"); define("_PREVIEW","Preview"); define("_GO","Go!"); define("_NESTED","Nested"); define("_NOCOMMENTS","No Comments"); define("_FLAT","Flat"); define("_THREADED","Threaded"); define("_OLDESTFIRST","Oldest First"); define("_NEWESTFIRST","Newest First"); define("_MORE","more..."); define("_MULTIPAGE","To have your article span multiple pages, insert the word [pagebreak] (with brackets) in the article."); define("_IFNOTRELOAD","If the page does not automatically reload, please click here"); define("_WARNINSTALL2","WARNING: Directory %s exists on your server.
Please remove this directory for security reasons."); define("_WARNINWRITEABLE","WARNING: File %s is writeable by the server.
Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)"); //%%%%%% File Name themeuserpost.php %%%%% define("_PROFILE","Profile"); define("_POSTEDBY","Posted by"); define("_VISITWEBSITE","Visit Website"); define("_SENDPMTO","Send Private Message to %s"); define("_SENDEMAILTO","Send Email to %s"); define("_ADD","Add"); define("_REPLY","Reply"); define("_DATE","Date"); // Posted date //%%%%%% File Name admin_functions.php %%%%% define("_MAIN","Main"); define("_MANUAL","Manual"); define("_INFO","Info"); define("_CPHOME","Control Panel Home"); define("_YOURHOME","Home Page"); //%%%%%% File Name misc.php (who's-online popup) %%%%% define("_WHOSONLINE","Who's Online"); define('_GUESTS', 'Guests'); define

and thats not even half of them. at the bottom of all this i have part of the page:
the top logo
the login
Lost Password?

Register now!
Main menu with Home

i can login to my admin account i get the admin panel but i the seconde i click ON ANYTHING
its logons me out and i have to login again...

im on a 56k connection uploading xoop to my ftp took over 2 hours!!! and at 1st there was some missing files so i had to upload a 2nd time.... the 1 uload nottin was working at all so i got at least some of it working after the 2nd upload.... i tryied a 3rd upload but did chnage noting

m0nty
Re: Installation not working
  • 2005/2/10 13:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

oh lord!! can you read the FAQ section and documentation.. also there's about 4 topics on the home page now relating to your same issue by the looks of it.. y the need to start a new topic once again..

but if you're getting errors like that then it looks likely that something went wrong with the upload.. maybe a crrupted file somewhere..

if ur on 56k, it is best to upload in batches, do a couple of folders at a time..

StiGMaT
  • 2005/2/10 13:09

• StiGMaT

• Just popping in

thats what i had a feeling. For some reason the filles dont all get uploaded. like i said i uploader about 3 times and i think there is some filles still missing... i think im gona delete a to z and upload from a friends that has a stable connection like cable... :s thanks

m0nty
  • 2005/2/10 13:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

no problem.. i'm on 56k myself so i know how u feel.. uploading in batches seems to work better on 56k and can reduce the uploading time.. i usually cope alright but if it's large files or many files, i usually bang em onto CD and nip round to me m8's and use his broadband connection for it.. likewise when i have to download files that are huge..

i can't get broadband where i am, so i have to put up with 56k till i can move house sometime this year..

rowdie
  • 2005/2/10 13:15

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Or you could try Monty's suggestion and only upload one folder at a time. Just upload the folders individually over what you have now.

Even with a cable connection you can get problems if you upload everything at once, especially if you include a lot of modules in the upload.

edit: don't upload the mainfile.php though, forgot to mention that.

StiGMaT
  • 2005/2/11 22:23

• StiGMaT

• Just popping in

its workings i when to my uncles and uploaded from his cable connection :)

http://www.stigmat.org/

now im having fun playing around with the modules and stuff

Login

Who's Online

532 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 532

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits