netwrk219
FORMATTING ISSUES and WYSIWYG..oh, and flexibility...
  • 2005/2/10 5:30

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

my site, www.ontheshelves.com is using the exnews theme. It looks fine so far, but...the stories on the news page, which is set as my top page, are...uhm...overlapping. They're not mixing up, but the images used for one story, are forcing the story headline below it to indent. i've never seen it happen before...and i could use some help to try to seperate these better.

Resized Image

On another note...whats up with getting a wysiwyg editor? At best, you need to be aware of html to make posting news work, with images and formatting...at worst, you need to be able to manually code. Do we xoopsters have a good, comprehensive wysiwyg editor? My staff are html-dumb. They expect me to do it for them if they cant point and click and get a result. If ya can direct me to where I can find a solution, i would be ecstatic!!! (see? excitement already)

Also, about flexibility. On some CMS you can alter where things sit, without altering the template(theme). Do we have the ability to add tables to our sites without messing around with the theme? What id like to do, is to take the center column, and add a permanent three column table at the top of the main page for featured Items of news.

Take a look at my site, if you can, I have made it visible to the public for the purpose of making the issues Im facing clear to you guys, my helpful gurus... Thanks in advance. Im already learning alot.

netwrk219
Re: FORMATTING ISSUES and WYSIWYG..oh, and flexibility...
  • 2005/2/11 0:09

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Anyone? Anyone able to help?

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/2/18 20:25

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

A good wysiwyg editor would be Koivi. It seems to be popular with a lot of other people, and so far I'm liking it too. It can be found here.

I don't know any way to implement tables in the way you are suggesting without modifying the theme. On the other hand, if you know some HTML it's not really as scary as it sounds. There's a good (and fairly brief) document on it here.

Hope that helps solve some of your woes. ;o)

brian100
  • 2005/2/19 4:18

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

Quote:

netwrk219 wrote:
my site, www.ontheshelves.com is using the exnews theme. It looks fine so far, but...the stories on the news page, which is set as my top page, are...uhm...overlapping. They're not mixing up, but the images used for one story, are forcing the story headline below it to indent. i've never seen it happen before...and i could use some help to try to seperate these better.

Check out this thread.

I can relate to one of the posts in the above thread in that I have set up websites for people that can barely use Word, much less know css, html or latin. They need to be able to paste in a picture, type in a few words and expect it to "just work."

Here's my basic code-free solution (if you post with html disabled). Just hit enter a couple of times at the end of your text. Use preview to see if you hit it enough. You can get clever and hit enter a couple of times before your text (and the same number of times after) to "float" your short text beside the picture.

Of course, when someone resizes their browser, they'll see a blank area at the bottom of your post, but try it for yourself, it's really not anything you'd notice if you weren't looking for it.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits