eon03
Publish News to Homepage
  • 2005/2/8 21:38

• eon03

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 2

I am using the phpaok theme that comes with XOOPS 2 and when I create new news stories and select publish to home page they do not show up anywhere except in the news module. How do I make the stories shpow up on the sites home page? If you go look at my site you will see that copies of the stories are on my home page but they are actually blocks with the same content as the news stores copied and pasted in. Any help would be appreciated.

Bassman
Re: Publish News to Homepage
  • 2005/2/8 22:03

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Did you set the news module as module for your start page in System Admin>Preferences>General Settings?

eon03
  • 2005/2/8 22:07

• eon03

• Just popping in

Interesting. I just did that and now the site is blank. Ill tweak around with it some more.

Bassman
  • 2005/2/8 22:13

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Hmmm. It's not blank for me........

eon03
  • 2005/2/8 22:19

• eon03

• Just popping in

OK I closed my browser and reopened and now it isnt blank. It brings up 2 new issues for me though.

1. Is there a way to have the news show up above the blocks?

2. When I hit home on the menu, "Gettin Around" on my site, it then goes to a blank page.

I have already put it back to the none setting for the time being so that things look right since I did just email all my friends telling them to check out the site..

I take it back. I set it back up to have the news as the home module.... take a look.

This doesnt really seem to do what I want. I just want to be able to select one or two stories to list at the top of my home page at my discretion, but with the nice layout that they have on the news module with the comment link and read more link. Is there a block out there to do that? The included blocks only show links to go read the article from within the news module.

OK im taking back to having a copy of the story in a block for now. I dont like leaving it not working the way I want.

eon03
Re: Publish News to Homepage **SOLVED**
  • 2005/2/9 3:10

• eon03

• Just popping in

Ahhhhhhh just what I wanted. Do a search on this site for "SuperSpotlight". You will get a great solution to displaying news on the home page.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits