nixon
What have I done?
  • 2005/2/8 11:43

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

I was messing with a theme and thought I would try ticking the box in admin/preferences/general settings marked update module template.html files. Once I did this and returned to my home page I had lost all graphics and backgrounds. I tried turning it back off but I have the same result. I also tried a different theme but all i get now is text and know graphics or backgrounds. What have I done and how do i fix it...Help??

rowdie
Re: What have I done?
  • 2005/2/8 12:59

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

By 'messing with a theme' did you actually work with a theme in the themes folder, or in the templates_c folder?

The templates_c folder contains temporary files. These files are usually created when someone visits a page for the first time. If you set the preference in admin to update module template.html files then the files are updated whenever there is a changed file in the current theme folder. It is good practice to use this setting when you're creating your theme, then turn it off when your theme is ready.

I suggest you delete everything in the templates_c folder, which will force XOOPS to create new cache files from your theme folder. If you included your graphics and backgound in the theme folder then that is what will be used. Also, keep that admin option on until your theme is ready, it makes it easier to see the changes you've made.

Hope this helps,

Rowd

carnuke
  • 2005/2/8 13:01

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

The setting you made is correct if you want to start reading the new changes made to the current theme you are running. I guess there is a problem with this theme, or something you may have done with it.

I suggest you go back to admin and select another theme that you know works ok, like the default. Make that theme your current default setting. Keep the update option to yes.

Now delete all files in templates_c folder, refresh your browser (delete its cache) and view your site again.

nixon
  • 2005/2/8 20:59

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

Thanks guys,
I now have at least the default theme working. The theme I made changes on (only minor - just link paths on some buttons in the header) still comes up blank. I have tried it several times deleting the cache every time but I still get nothing but text. The theme is imago06

If you make changes to the theme.html in your theme should you:
1. Flick the button in question to yes
2. Upload changed theme files.
3. View them.
4. Change button back to no

Is that the procedure?

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits