animas
WordPress Module Permissions
  • 2005/2/5 13:57

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

I wanted each registered user to be able to post new and edit their own posts without admin approval.
I set Admin>Wordpress Options>Base Settings>new_users_can_blog = true.
But still users needed approval!
Ok then I set Admin>Preferences>Editor groups = Webmasters and Registered users.
No change yet!

Last option is uninstalling.
After new install I set the permissons first. Now its working.
But when I changed permissions again, it didnt chage!

After some tests I found that the users that are LOGGED IN are not affected by permissions, but others are working according to permissions.

carnuke
Re: WordPress Module Permissions
  • 2005/2/5 17:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

uder the blog preferences (admin side) you have to select which group can post, select registered users. You then have to give all your users (click the users tab )a status of 2, or 3, I think. Not 1 because that gives them too much access. Check out the help file online to see which numbers correspond to what they can do.

Hope this helps... its different from the XOOPS system, so you need to look at it differently

animas
  • 2005/2/6 4:49

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

I readhttp://codex.wordpress.org/User_Levels .
In my site all registered user level will be same, except me(admin).I want to let all registered users post without emailing me for a level raise from the very beginning.

When I set use A level = 2 and user B = 2( I mean all same level), everyone are able to edit his/her own and OTHERS' too. Where I want registered users only to edit their OWN.

Admin>Wordpress>Preferences>Editor groups
Select groups, who initially can post and EDIT.
(WordPress user level 1)
Here post and edit have to be selected at the same time. Is this the reason of my problem?

If level is same, shouldn't they be unable to edit others?
What should be my settings? What am I missing here?

carnuke
  • 2005/2/8 12:50

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Have you tried changing the levels to 2 ? the lower the numbers the less privilidges user have. Somewhere there is a list of all privilidges each level has and this is what you need to find.

You may have to experiment with these level numbers to see what they do.

Maybe a good idea to go onto the wordpress website itself and have a dig around on the forums etc.

BTW my theme is mp00 do a search for it, or I'll try and find it for you

Here it is!

My version is heavily modified though, so will need to make some changes to get it the way you want it.

mongrel
  • 2005/2/24 5:05

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Carnuke,

There is no way to prevent users of the same level from editing each others posts. This is a serious problem. The kind of problem that could result in a libel suit against a Webmaster who couldn't even protect the integrity of his members actual words. Unfortunately, this problem has been and still is present in the original WordPress 1.5. Read this post at the WordPress Web site.

It's just one of the many recent posts that deal with this problem. For most Web sites that have a relatively insulated membership, it might not be that bad. A Webmaster might be able to trust users not to meddle with other users' posts. But I'm trying to run a very public newspaper online. The Boston Public School System is one of my members. Can you just IMAGINE the mischief that could be caused by some little 'Net hoodlum editing the posts of the BPSS? Yikes!

No. I'm discontinuing use of WordPress immediately. If there is any way that I can help in the development of this module, I certainly will, because it's a VERY promising tool. And visually attractive, too. It would just be too reckless of me to run it though.

For now, I'm going to go with PopnupBLOG.

nobunobu
  • 2005/3/8 7:18

• nobunobu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/23

Hi all!
I'm sorry, could not answer for a long time, because of my server trouble.

I prepare cumulative patches for WordPress 0.3.3 today.
With these patches, the problem this you wrote will be fixed.
Please Go to following page.

[Word Press Patch](This page is still written in Japanese)

and download wp0.3.3-patch050308.zip

or use following link.

[Direct Download]

If you can't solve, please notify me.

In my first writing, URL of Link were wrong.
If you fail to find patch, please retry.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits