Xman04
Xoops capacity at different traffic volumes
  • 2005/2/2 20:11

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi,

I'm trying to get an idea of how efficiently XOOPS will function on a shared hosting plan, at different traffic volumes.

Is there anyone with a moderate or high traffic XOOPS site running on a shared hosting plan? If so, approximately how many visitors come to your site per day and per hour on average (if you are willing to share that information)? How efficiently does your XOOPS site run at this traffic volume? Any other traffic statistics you are willing to share would be helpful too. It would be great to be able to view the web site too. I know I'm asking for a lot.

Does anyone know if Xoops.org is running on a shared host or dedicated server? Are there any traffic statistics for this site available?

I'm considering a particular hosting service for my next XOOPS site, and someone suggested that I send them some estimated traffic statistics, so that they can place my web site on an appropriate server (which will best handle my estimated traffic), or determine whether their system can handle my site. However, I cannot accurately estimate my traffic statistics yet, since the site isn't even running yet. I would like to present the hosting service with moderate to high end traffic numbers, which have been proven to run efficiently on other shared hosting plans. I'm planning on doing a lot of PR and marketing for the site, so I expect that the traffic will at least be in the moderate range.

Any information would be appreciated.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits