kennv
Evennews subscription not working...
  • 2005/1/30 10:40

• kennv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/28

Hello,

I am using Catzwolf's Evennews 2.1 Module. When I subscribe on it, a confirmation mail is sent and when de confirmation link is clicked, it says "Thanks for your subscription".

But when I go to the Evennews admin, the recipients table is empty ("no data to show"). So the subscription failed, but there are no error messages.

If I choose to import users manually, it says: error while adding user XXX...

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Update:
I've solved the problem. I used capital letters for the module name. I've changed this to regular letters and it works fine now.

Thanks!

Kenn

Chappy
Re: Evennews subscription not working...
  • 2005/1/30 11:20

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Turn on your debugging system (something you should always do, preferably before posting)...

admin|system|preferences|General Settings

Do this for php debug and then try to do what you were indicating was causing a problem. Then do it for the MySQL debug (if you haven't figured it out yet). By running your procedure through each debug process, you should get a handle on what's going wrong (should...). The debug facilities in XOOPS are marvelous.

Then let us know what it says. But, by that time you will very likely have the knowledge you need to know what's wrong and possibly fix it.

Also, there are some bugs assoc with that module. Not sure what version you're using or if the bugs apply to you.

You could go here and here to make sure you have the latest and greatest versions.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits