Hakkinen
PHPBB -> Xoops
  • 2005/1/28 23:10

• Hakkinen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/27

Hello (again):

I hav a forum with the latest phpbb (2.0.11), is there a way to integrate the forum to xoops, i mean, when a user register in the forum instantly be a new user of xoops, whithout register in XOOPS (portal)???

Thanks

macnoludo
Re: PHPBB -> Xoops
  • 2005/2/3 13:21

• macnoludo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/18

Yes it would be fantastic !
Is a documentation is existing which would explained how to do a double registration ?

areamike
  • 2005/2/3 14:09

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

macnoludo
  • 2005/2/9 9:12

• macnoludo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/18

Yes, in fact i wanted documentation because i would like to add a blog mod for phpbb :http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/viewtopic.php?t=132
This module allowed each user to make is complete own blog in one clic.
I think this the only exemple on the web where a free mod permits to do that. The probleme is that bd_cms deletes the original phpbb group 's table and changes a lot of files to have only one registration between XOOPS and phpbb.
This is on that work i would like precision to know if it is possible to accomplish the same work with The Blog Mod version 0.2.0 for phpbb.
Thanks

karedokx
  • 2005/2/9 12:15

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

xphpBBi is half done. looking at the developer website, seems that he is leaving XOOPS (?) [someone else need to continue the works of porting phpbb as a true module of xoops].

phpbb conversion script to newbb should be available too in the near future, i think. you can consider to use the newbb instead then.

m0nty
  • 2005/2/9 13:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i've not heard anything of Jon (bd_csmc) leaving XOOPS :| i really hope he isn't as he has contributed so much to XOOPS aswell as teaching me a few things aswell. if he leaves now after all his contributions and help here it would be a real shame.. i hope it isn't true..

regards

Vaughan

Peekay
  • 2005/2/9 14:33

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I re-visited the official xphpBBi demo site at Map Central recently and there were some significant changes (Mambo was one of them!) Would be nice to know whether or not the developer's work on the XOOPS mod is going to be continued.

Peekay
  • 2005/2/9 16:24

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

@Hakkinen
I haven't come across a solution that links between an external forum and XOOPS mentioned anywhere here. There are commercial PHP solutions available that act as a bridge between a membership list and an application, like aMember Pro.

http://membership.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/

Xoops is on their list, as is phpBB, but I don't know whether it could sign people up for both at the same time.

@ karedokx
Spent half an hour again at bbpixel.com and saw your post regarding upgrading x-phpbb to deal with the Santy worm issue. Not a promising response really. This is exactly the problem anyone considering a forum mod needs to consider... will you get help/security patches if things go wrong.

Of the two on offer, the Invision Power Board module seems better supported (appears to keep m0nty busy!).

@m0nty
I understand that a fully-automated upgrade of XOOPS would be out of the question if I used this, but with a little work, am I right in believing it is possible to keep the IPB board and XOOPS upgraded?

I would be quite happy to use NewBB, but it's a real frustration not to have a 'new posts' feature, but then have cool features like the ability to save a post as a PDF file.

I believe some changes in NewBB are planned, but I would like to know what they are.

m0nty
  • 2005/2/9 16:51

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

with regards to ipb.. koudanshi is the best person with regards to support and upgrades.. i don't have v2 of ipb because i don't have a live site anymore (££ flow problems), but i like IPB myself and i will continue to do the core upgrades and help out with support for that module (V1.4) as much as possible, including conversion of standalone IPB mods aswell.

I'm not a coder myself and i only have limited knowledge but so far there aren't many issues i haven't been able to deal with.. as i learn more php then i will continue to do more and possibly start to add more extra features to it. once all the issues regarding php 5 have been ironed out in the XOOPS core, i will try and get ipb 1.4f updated to function right in php 5 also, i already made a start on modifying some of it to make it more compatible with php 5, so if i'm able to then i will try and release a new version with some extra features, but that definitely won't be for a while, i don't want however to tread on koudanshi's toes as to speak.

I haven't seen koudanshi online in a while but i know he's been busy etc, but he will also continue development aswell.. he hasn't abandoned V1.4F and will continue it :)

maybe a print to pdf facility on ipb 1.4 could be a possibility aswell, altho i'll probably require some help regarding that. (i try to keep up to date with mods from invisionize.com) and most of the developers there are more than happy for us to use and convert their mods for use with x-ipbm as long as we inform them and ask permission 1st..

Peekay
  • 2005/2/9 21:37

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx m0nty. I downloaded the IPB board and your core file updates. I'll have a play. I do have a couple of questions.

I'm feeling guilty for taking this thread off-topic so, for Q & A, is it possible to post in the module usage forum here on Xoops.org, or do I need to register at bbpixel.com?

If I install and use it, can I replace the modified core files with my backups and continue to use XOOPS as before, or is it a one-way ticket?

The examples I have seen always put the IPB board in a single column layout. Can you use this in a 2 or 3 column theme?

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits