KaOSoFt
Bug in News module
  • 2005/1/23 4:00

• KaOSoFt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/22

I've been trying EVERYTHING to see what is happening but with no results.

It seems to be a 2.0.9.2 specific bug, since I was using 2.0.9 and it worked perfectly, and I made a clean installation of the new version.

The bug or whatever is it consists in that when I make public a new, and press "Read more..." or "Comments?" I just get a blank screen, which didn't happen before with 2.0.9. I put PHP Debug mode but it didn't seem to do anything, the blank screen kept appearing and I didn't get any debugging information.

So, my questions are:
1. What's happening with this?
2. How does the PHP Debug work? I mean, how do you get it to work?

Thanks for XOOPS and your support.

m0nty
Re: Bug in News module
  • 2005/1/23 4:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

what version of news u using?

have just tested news 1.2.1 with x 2.0.9.2 and clicking read more works as it should?

what display mode you working in?

is news displayed in classic view or by topic view? and have you got a link to check it out..

KaOSoFt
  • 2005/1/23 6:05

• KaOSoFt

• Just popping in

Quote:
what version of news u using?
Well, as I said, I made a clean install of XOOPS 2.0.9.2, and the news module version it says is 1.1, not 1.2.1, so maybe the package is missing something (even though I downloaded it from here).

Quote:
have just tested news 1.2.1 with x 2.0.9.2 and clicking read more works as it should?
I installed XOOPS and used the news module it had within, nothing else and I don't think is too difficult to press the "Read more..." link correctly.

Quote:
what display mode you working in?

is news displayed in classic view or by topic view? and have you got a link to check it out..
Well, check it by yourself in the site I'm working on.

By the way, I got this when I entered the Modules section via the System menu (PHP Debug enabled):
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XOOPSFAQ_NAME assumed '_MI_XOOPSFAQ_NAME' in file modules/xoopsfaq/xoops_version.php line 28
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XOOPSFAQ_DESC assumed '_MI_XOOPSFAQ_DESC' in file modules/xoopsfaq/xoops_version.php line 30

I'd like to know what does that mean and if I won't get any problem if I leave it as it.

Thanks for the help.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/23 6:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ok, the 1 included in the pack is the old news module.. it maybe better to upgrade to news 1.2.1 which you can find over athttp://dev.xoops.org

it's a little hard to go down a version for me if get what i mean..

those php notices are nothing to worry about it just means that _MI_XOOPSFAQ_DESC hasn't been definied in the language files for xoopsFAQ module, you should only need to worry if the notices turn into warnings..

it may also be better to use the new SmartFAQ 1.0.4 module as it is more versatile and functional than the xoopsFAQ.. and is what is used on this site (xoops.org)

KaOSoFt
  • 2005/1/23 12:53

• KaOSoFt

• Just popping in

Haha, it got worst, now it doesn't even show the news.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to come back to the other version and stick with only 1 kind of new: the whole one.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits