PatsRule
Help with Sections Module using css??
  • 2005/1/22 23:38

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hi... I'll try this post in this forum since maybe it's related to this. No reply on the beginner board. I use the old Sections Module for article content. Maybe I'll get wf-sections at some point but for now this serves me well.

What I would like to do is this. The default font for the title of the article which gets inserted in the title box upon creation is default size (small), bold and aligned left with 2 breaks following. I would like to change the font color, font size and align it center for the Title of the article only so it is appeasing to the eye. This appears in the center block and the div id = content. The default style sheet code for this is:

div#content {text-align: left; padding: 8px;}

If I change this it changes the entire content of the article. Centering makes everything center and so on. My idea was to create a span class called .sectitle and insert it in the style sheet. The tags from view source are this:

<table width='100%'><tr><td><b>Title of My Article</b><br /><br /> with the content following. And all the closing tags of the centerCcolumn and such.

I figured if I inserted span class=".sectitle" after the td tag and close it after Article, taking out the bold tags which are in my css class, it would make just the title change. And the remaining content would still take div id= content.

Problem is.. there is no index html file in sections and i looked and tried it in various places in the sections index.php file with no success. Anyone have a clue if this is how you can do this? And which file and if so to insert the span class code. Thank you in advance.

jdseymour
Re: Help with Sections Module using css??

You need to put the code in the template. Admininstration Control Panel - templates. If you haven't done it yet you will need to clone the template set in order to be able to edit it.

PatsRule
  • 2005/1/23 0:17

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

Thanks for replying... I use a custom theme which can be editted. Is that what you mean? The code I made for the span class is there already in my custom theme css.. but it should work if i can find where to insert it the <span class= tags ?? I do css and html fairly well but figuring out where everything is in XOOPS is more my problem.. and this sections module doesn't contain any html files.. only the index.php.. and i've tried numerous places inserting it and i get string termination errors.

jdseymour

You are trying to modify the content of a module, that is not controlled by the theme, although the stylesheet will apply as long as the class is specified in the template for the module.

See this faq: What is a Theme/What is a Template

HTH.

Themes skin your site, templates format your blocks in short.

PatsRule
  • 2005/1/23 0:51

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

Gotcha...thanks...very very much. I just did that to my forums welcome page and now i know where i can edit quite a bit of stuff i was thinking of doing in the future. But darn...nothing for sections in my admin templates. These are the modules under templates of my theme. By the way...even in the default theme sections does not appear.

GooberheadBlue Theme Created 2004/9/16

Forum [List (11)]
System [List (26)]
Members [List (2)]
Downloads [List (0)] [Generate]
Polls [List (0)] [Generate] [Download]
[Clone]

This is what I see in my admin..templates and it's the same for default which i don't use anymore. I noticed all the file names in there have .html extensions and when I looked in the Xoops/modules/section..there isn't an html file except in the Language folder, the language sub-folder English and the SQL folder and all this script. <script>history.go(-1);</script> But nowhere is all the files in that entire Forum, System, Members etc is sections referred to.

Sorry to be a pain.. and i really appreciate your help.

jdseymour

No problem. It is confusing at first about the different functions between themes and templates. But once you learn to use them XOOPS way, it makes way for a lot of easy customization.

PatsRule
  • 2005/1/23 1:50

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

Didn't want to dump this sections module because I have over 200 articles in it but seems I'll have to.. Because this module has no template to edit and anytime I try in the index.php file i get a string termination error, I'm up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

There is no template file in this module like there are in all the other modules I use. Very poor design I guess. The articles while doing the job, do not look Professional in this format. Having the title with the same size font size and color aligned left but in bold just above the article content is lame. I figured once I could edit it I could even include a place for an image of the staff writer, which there are 5 and even if i had to assign 5 classes to a style sheet for each, I would and really spruce up those pages.

It's a fantasy football site and starting to go strong and it needs to have a more professional look to be ready for next season's additions. URL if you want a look is www.fantasysportznutz.com. Theme music on the home page so if you look, turn your speakers down. The articles main link is in the left block and also in the table i made in the lower center block.normally not set for anon but i'll open it up for a while.

Again..what you helped me with will help me so much in some of my other upgrades and save me tons of time. Very much appreciated. Just figures this module doesn't have what all the others do.

jdseymour

Then I think the question to ask here is if anyone knows of a module with an import script from the original XOOPS Section module?

That will save a lot of work for you, Otherwise I would suggest wf-sections, News 1.2.1, or AMS 2.2. And SmartSections is still working in beta but should be out soon.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits