council
A Script like this...
  • 2005/1/22 9:19

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

What I'm looking for this guy is using on his front page at the bottom:

http://nauta.be/booby/

Do we have a comment module/script like it?

If not, does anyone know where I can get a javascript like it?

And I tried the shoutbox and guestbook, but these don't do the job. I want my visitors to be able to leave short messages with one click and then those messages to be instantly displayed, just the way it's done on the site above.

Thanks

R.

Antoine
Re: A Script like this...
  • 2005/1/22 13:22

• Antoine

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/14

Basically what I saw on that page is a less powerfull version of the already implemeted site-wide commenting system XOOPS is using, but it doesn't look exactly the same.

If you really insist on having the look he uses I would reccomend:

1) Using a theme that displays the center block group on the bottom by having it included in the footer instead of the header.
2) Asking that guy for the source code of his comment script (though it wouldn't be that hard from scratch since it doesn't seem to be tied into any user management system. It just reads the parameters and dumps 'em in a database apparently.
3) Convert that code into a XOOPS block to be placed and displayed in the center area.

Though I would advise you against allowing anonymous users access to such functionality. But if you must make sure you have some way of moderating and sanitise the input well.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits