ScanCapeCod
Is there an Ikonboard to Xoops Converter?
  • 2005/1/19 14:57

• ScanCapeCod

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

Hello,

I am about to change webhosts, and with the change I am considering abandoning my old Ikonboard messageboard/portal setup for something more modern. I have perused this website at length and must say I'm impressed with what I'm reading and seeing thus far.

As you've likely deduced by now given the subject of this post, I would like to be able to convert my existing Ikonboard information and existing members information to XOOPS if possible. My Ikonboard system is running on a mySQL database, which I understand XOOPS does as well.

I have searched this site and Googled as well, but I can't find anything (yet) regarding an Ikonboard to XOOPS converter. Does such a thing exist?

If it matters, I am running Ikonboard 3.1.2a.

Thanks in advance!

m0nty
Re: Is there an Ikonboard to Xoops Converter?
  • 2005/1/19 15:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

nope there isn't a script to do that job..

the users would probably be the easiest to convert especially if ikonboard uses md5 passwords as it would just be a matter then of changing field names to match and then import them..

the rest i couldn't say as i don't use ikonboard.. altho i do know ikonboard was a branch off from IPB written by ex IPB developers or something, so they may have similar layouts in the database..

ScanCapeCod
  • 2005/1/19 19:16

• ScanCapeCod

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply Monty. That's unfortunate. I will go ahead and install XOOPS nontheless. If necessary I suppose I can run a read-only Ikonboard as an "archive" of the old stuff and just start fresh. I'll work on the registered members anyway. More research is required. I'm not a programmer, unfortunately. I'm surprised that someone hasn't written such conversion tools to support getting more people on board. This really looks like a great package; I'm looking forward to trying it, but it would be ideal to be able to port over the existing data from the old system.

Thanks for your reply.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/19 19:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'm sure there may be some1 who can write it.. there are phpbb and an IPB converter currently being developed.. (maybe the ipb version could be modified somewhat to work with ikonboard depending on how the structure differs to IPB)

i'll download ikonboard and install it on my server so i can see a db structure..

i should at least then be able to do you something in regard to the users tables and membership.. can't promise anything as i'm not a coder myself.. but the rest will require more work than i am capable of doing..

ScanCapeCod
  • 2005/1/19 20:13

• ScanCapeCod

• Just popping in

That is extremely kind of you Monty, and much appreciated. I've done what I'd call a "pretty extensive" search of the web to no avail, using Google, every Ikonboard related support site I could think of, usenet newsgroups, etc. As you stated it apparently doesn't exist. I'd be thrilled to be able to at least get the user info across if I could, and I appreciate your offer.

Scott

Login

Who's Online

469 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 469

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits