msreality
yikes!
  • 2005/1/16 0:12

• msreality

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/22

I am really new to xoops...and really like it, I was able to create my site with very few problems....(currently have a phpadsnew question out there)....my site is ready to go live and I tried moving my XOOPS site from the XOOPS directory to the main site directory and got error messages all over the place, so I moved everything back into the XOOPS directory and my site works fine again, but I dont want it to be in example: mysitename.com/xoops....can someone tell me which files need to be changed once I move all the files to the main root directory...I know I need to change the main.php file but what else am I missing here?
I know this has been asked, but there are no replies which makes it very frustrating ....any help and/or direction would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks
Msreality

rowdie
Re: yikes!
  • 2005/1/16 0:36

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You should only need to change the mainfile.php, both the physical path and virtual path.

Then make sure the templates_c , cache and uploads folders all have write access enabled.

That should be all you need to do. It would be helpful if you had been able to post some of those error messages, we would have a better idea of what was going wrong

msreality
  • 2005/1/16 5:19

• msreality

• Just popping in

sorry I should have listed the errors.....Im not good at this coding stuff..and since I put the files back....I cant replicate the errors at this time (Im not moving them until I know I got it right)

I have located that the problem is in the mainfile.php and that the XOOPS Physical Path is not correct being the fact that I am knew to all this stuff, I am still weeding my way thru all the reading, and wanted to know if there was anywhere that I could get examples of what the path coding should look like?
Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

thanks
Msreality

irmtfan
  • 2005/1/16 5:35

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Hello msreality and welcome to XOOPS .
you must change Physical and Virtual Path as mentionmed bellow:
// XOOPS Physical Path
    // Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''var/www/html/yourURL.com/yourxoopsfolder');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
    // Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_URL''http://www.yourURL.com/yourxoopsfolder');

so if yourxoopsfolder is ROOT you can just remove that folder
also these faqs really help you:
How do I move my site from one server to another?
and

How easy is it to backup and migrate my XOOPS website?
please feel free to post here if you have further problems.

Bender
  • 2005/1/16 10:21

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Here is a small script to show you your rootpath. Just put it in a file something.php and upload it in your XOOPS rootdirectory. Then call it up in the browser and voila ...

// Use this script to get the physical root path of your server
// Just upload this file to the main directory and point your browser to it
//<ahref="http://your_xoops_directory/rootpath.php"target="_blank">http://your_xoops_directory/rootpath.php</a>
<?php
echo "Your root path is<b>".str_replace("\","/",getcwd())."</b><br/>";echo "without string replace:<b>".str_replace("\","/",getcwd())."</b>";
?>

msreality
  • 2005/1/23 5:05

• msreality

• Just popping in

Thank you for your help...sorry I havent been able to post before now (was working my day job) in addition I havent been able to work on my site until now....and I'm still not doing something right....I still have errors, which have to do with the mainfile ....I know Im probably missing something that is really simple, but for the life of me I still cant find it.
I'm not giving up...I will figure it out.
Msreality

m0nty
  • 2005/1/23 5:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

really if ur only moving the folder below a level then all you should have to remove from the paths is the last folder..

take for example:

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''var/www/public_html/xoops');

define('XOOPS_URL''http://www.yourdomain.com/xoops');

the example above presumes your site was installed in a folder called 'xoops' located in the root folder of your site (note the paths will differ)

so if you want to move your site down a level and have your site in the root folder, then you simply copy all the files out of 'xoops' and into your root folder..

then you would edit the code above and just remove 'xoops'

like below:

// XOOPS Physical Path

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''var/www/public_html');

define('XOOPS_URL''http://www.yourdomain.com');

i'm presuming your root folder is public_html, but it could also be called htdocs aswell depending on your server setup.. either way if you have installed XOOPS anyway, the only bit u would need to edit is to remove the 'xoops' from the paths in your case.. :)

hope i explained that clearly for you..

oh and remember to remove the last / from the paths.. they should not end with a '/' :)

msreality
  • 2005/1/23 6:20

• msreality

• Just popping in

thanks for the post...thats exactly what I did, but for some reason...all the files are still looking for the XOOPS folder when it doesnt exist anymore....I'll get the hang of this sooner or later.....Msreality

msreality
  • 2005/2/6 20:51

• msreality

• Just popping in

Okay -- I haven't been here for awhile, but I have good news....this has been fixed, I wasnt moving the files properly. Thanks to Monty, Bender, and irmtfan for your help....It is and was greatly appreciated.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits