irmtfan
exclusive - first release of Blocks admin module
  • 2005/1/14 7:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

we know the block administration and group permissions for blocks in current XOOPS versions is a little complicated.
so after some hacks for blocks admin now GIJOE release a module for it.
it called blocksadmin and with useing it you can moderate all your blocks (modules and custom blocks) very easy.
it shows group permission for every block in every group.
just use it and see the performance.
link for download:
blocks admin module

LazyBadger
Re: exclusive - first release of Blocks admin module

Installed and must to say - it's cool module, easy, fast, smart, extremely useful!
"Must have" class!
Respects for one more excellent contribution into XOOPS to GIJOE!

I hope, this module will find its way to XOOPS core - it's a great enchancement over current tecnique in XOOPS. And save a lot of time in most often administration tasks area

carnuke
  • 2005/1/14 9:12

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Irmtfan,

Quote:
we know the block administration and group permissions for blocks in current XOOPS versions is a little complicated

True, so this looks like an interesting package to try out...

Thanks for the release, Ill try this and let you know.

Richard

jdseymour

Yes, I download and installed. I like the organization of the blocks. I don't have to wade through 100 blocks to work with the ones that I want anymore.

Mithrandir

Quote:
I hope, this module will find its way to XOOPS core - it's a great enchancement over current tecnique in XOOPS. And save a lot of time in most often administration tasks area

It will - and it won't.

Actually it was when I was exploding the System Module into separate modules that I thought I might as well steal a lot from GIJOE to improve the interface. However, that will not be for a XOOPS 2.0.x version, so I sent the code to GIJOE, who has then taken what he wanted and put in this module that he has released.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/14 11:56

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Just installed this loaclly. Excellent improvment of admin's logical layout. Keeping all the settings for one module in one page is much easier way to administrate the site.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't really understand the purpose of what is written in myblocksadmin.txt. Can someone explain what this is about.??

Thanks.

brash
  • 2005/1/14 12:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Man, that is a massive improvement. Everything you need all on the one page without cluttering the interface. Some very promising work there !

Mithrandir

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't really understand the purpose of what is written in myblocksadmin.txt. Can someone explain what this is about.??

Thanks.

Leftover from when the blocks admin was manually implemented in individual modules

karedokx
  • 2005/1/14 13:13

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

yes, it is really helpful module and help us a lot in administering our site!

it might be the 'solution' you ever mentioned in one forum thread (i forget what and where) that you have a better solution to the suggestion in having block administration feature in every module, mith.

Mithrandir

Quote:
it might be the 'solution' you ever mentioned in one forum thread (i forget what and where) that you have a better solution to the suggestion in having block administration feature in every module, mith.

Yes, this is it - Since GIJOE did most of the work, I didn't want to disrespect him by releasing what I had until he had had a chance to make a release himself.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits