Akwekon
Install OK - but can't do anything
  • 2005/1/10 9:14

• Akwekon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

I kind of hesitate to ask because there is so much about "blank pages". But I don't really have blank pages...just partly blank. I also get different displays from IE6 and FireFox.

In FireFox, the admin control panel page loads, but there is no menu. In IE6, there is a broken image on the left, which, when rolled over, pops up a menu.

In both FireFox and IE, the home page loads but there are no boxes.

I have turned on the debugging, but the pages load without errors, so that is no help.

I've never used php or MySQL...I'm a ColdFusion guy who uses MSSQL. I just liked what I had read about XOOPS and thought I should check it out. Unfortunately, I can't really check out anything!

Any suggestions?

jdseymour
Re: Install OK - but can't do anything

In the Site preferences group settings check the permissions for your groups.

For webmasters all options should be check marked.

For registered users (by default) all settings should be check marked except module admin rights and system admin rights.

For anonymous users (by default) none is checked. You need to set permissions manually for what you want available to anonymous users.

But the key here is the webmaster group making sure that you have full access to everything.

HTH.

Herko
Re: Install OK - but can
  • 2005/1/10 9:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I think this is another MySQL user problem. Try and set your debugging type to MySQL debug, my bet is that there's an error there that refers to inability to access the /tmp folder or failure to write to an MYD or MYI file. This means that the MySQL user you use to access your XOOPS database doesn't have the correct access/read/write permissions for the MySQL database. As I'm definately no commandline MySQL person, I can't tell you exactly how to give the user the rights you need.

So this is a MySQL config issue, not one caused by XOOPS, IMHO. Good luck!

Herko

jdseymour

I saw another post earlier where the /tmp folder for MySQL was not set correctly. Could this also be a problem here?

Here is the link:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29683&forum=1

Akwekon
  • 2005/1/10 9:43

• Akwekon

• Just popping in

OK...I got to the admin control panel using IE and opened the group permissions. The Webmaster has access to everything and it appears to be configured properly. It should be OK since it is in the install-default state. However, at the bottom of the page, two warnings are showing:

Warning [PHP]: main(C:/inetpub/akwekon/Xoops/modules/system/admin/_notes/xoops_version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\inetpub\akwekon\Xoops\modules\system\admin\groups\groupform.php line 45
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'C:/inetpub/akwekon/Xoops/modules/system/admin/_notes/xoops_version.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in file C:\inetpub\akwekon\Xoops\modules\system\admin\groups\groupform.php line 45

As for the /tmp problem, I had seen that thread too and added the directory and set the permissions. The MySQL is running under my admin account, so it should have as much permission as possible.

J

jdseymour

Well you have some blocks on the left side showing now.

Herko
  • 2005/1/10 10:04

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Ah, I see you used Dreamweaver to upload the files to the server (as it created a _notes folder), the XOOPS system is configured to look for any folder and within those folder to the xoops_version.php file. So I suggest you remove the _notes folder that the error refers to.

Herko

Akwekon
  • 2005/1/10 10:05

• Akwekon

• Just popping in

Yup! Now, if I only had some idea of what I did!

The control panel still doesn't display a menu or boxes, but at least I think I can get around that one.

Thanks for your help.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits