trinilynn
OK Guys.....a newbie and a few non-serious questions...
  • 2005/1/6 1:23

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/1 1

Hi everyone...

Aggghhh, I hear you say.. a Goddamn newbie! And what is more.. I am female which means I am not into this cryptic stuff you guys give out. Just don't do it.. sorry!

All I want is clear answers to simple questions.. so am seeking advice on several points....

But b4 I get into that... do you guys actually have a chill out,fun, really wacky section of your forums here?

I ask that as a veteran of other forums.... computer music mainly..... and its just that as far as I can see these forums are a tad, well, serious.... hmmmmm

Well... the first non-serious question I have is how do get a custom avatar on these forum?

The next thing is.. I would just like to say hi to everyone and say I am getting quite fond of xoops.. just installed it and am playing around with it... but loads of info to digest..

My first question is: I downloaded a few themes but then when I tried to upload to my site...I realised they had not unzipped to a format the site recognises..... what am I doing wrong??

TL

trinilynn
Re: OK Guys.....a newbie and a few non-serious questions...
  • 2005/1/6 1:32

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

oopss..I meant my forum avatar lol

Trinilynn

jdseymour

As far as for Themes, just unzip it on your local computer, upload the directory to XOOPS theme directory (make sure just the main directory of the theme. When you unzip sometimes gives you an extra folder.)
To set the theme on your site go into site preferences general settings, first select the theme name in the "Selectable Theme" catagory, then choose the theme name from the dropdown list to make it your default theme.

Avitars, I believe can be uploaded, 120x120max pix jpg or gif.

Thats what I use anyway.

Welcome to Xoops.

trinilynn
  • 2005/1/6 1:47

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

Well.....

Thanx for your reply!

First of all... I am a bit non-plussed by this forum cos you can't view the previous posts while you are in answer mode... hmmmm...

I did originally upload the theme as you suggested but it didn't work .... which is why I asked the question... the admin section asks for a tar.gz/.tar file and my down/upload is just not in that format?

Trini

trinilynn
  • 2005/1/6 1:50

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

Oh and....

yes but HOW do I upload my forujm avatar?

Trini...

Sigh... rolleyes (In the absence of a rolleyes smilie..)

jdseymour

That section is for templates. Themes are a skin for the site. Templates set the look of the content of the blocks. Some themes come with a custom template which would be a tar.gz file like you mention. Most themes use the default template, so there is no need to have a template file.

See this Faq on the subject.

HTH.

jdseymour

Upload the avitar in the view account page.

trinilynn
  • 2005/1/6 1:59

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

AHA!!

NOW I understand.....

Thanx very much for that! I'll go peruse the fax .....

Sorry to be such a stupido..lol. It's just a question of knowing where to go ...hehe!

Ummm... could you enlighten me as to the forum avatars?

Trini

trinilynn
  • 2005/1/6 2:02

• trinilynn

• Just popping in

Agghh... saw your other post afterwards..

OK I went to view and it still just says choose avatar from list so I am no better off?

Trini

jdseymour

Go to your view account. At the top of the page is a button named Avitar, click that, then brows for your avitar to upload.

BTW, lots of good info in the faq. It is still work in progress,but is off to a great start thanks to Carnuke, Marcan and others.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits