seventhseal
Sentinel type of protection for XOOPS

Okay, I read this forum and it got a bit off-topic and out of hand at times. But, it's to be expected when folks are trying to get points across.

I've got over 2 years with PHPNuke, and have expanded our development efforts into XOOPS. For a lot of reasons - XOOPS is a cleaner, more secure type of CMS.

Now, the point of this post is to see if there is interest in the development of a Sentinel for XOOPS. I downloaded Protector, and it's good. So, if your happy with what it does, that's great. Sentinel - on the other hand - has a lot more features and automated functions.

I'm offering to get this done, but there has to be interest both in the mod, and in testing. Otherwise, it goes to the back-burner as far as any public release. Any interst? Is this an add-on that could benefit this community? Let me know on this forum, HERE, or HERE.

Thanks!

m0nty
Re: Sentinel type of protection for XOOPS
  • 2005/1/5 21:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

interested yes, totally necessary i dunno, maybe.. but anything increasing security without limiting usage is a bonus..

you've read that thread, which is very informative and interesting actually that i agree on..

but yeah i'm sure others will be interested aswell, and i'm sure security is going to be on a real high priority for future versions of XOOPS from now on (not that it wasn't a high priority before, but it looks like XOOPS now has liasons between other communities that will now help secure XOOPS even further)

Login

Who's Online

423 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 423

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits