Vaduun
Changing The Logo URL
  • 2005/1/5 17:20

• Vaduun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/3

I've worked with XOOPS quite a bit, and found it to be one of the easiest CMS out there. I'd like to change the URL of the logo on one of my websites.

Can anyone out there tell me where the URL of the homepage is located within XOOPS for the logo in the upper left hand corner of the header (on most themes), and how do I change it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Randy
Vaduun

Anonymous
Re: Changing The Logo URL
  • 2005/1/5 19:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

Open theme.html in your theme folder in a program to edit html (Dreamweaver, ...).

Click to view code and find "logo.gif" ... then just replace it with new logo name.

Don't forget to set the right width and height in the same row ...

Turn template updating of themes ON! in Administration / system / Global settings ...

Bye.

Vaduun
  • 2005/1/6 1:45

• Vaduun

• Just popping in

Almost what I was looking for, but not quite

What I actually want to do, is change the url target that your browser takes you to when you click on the logo graphic.

Currently, XOOPS is set up to take you right back to the home page of your site when you click on the logo. I've figured out how to change the logo graphic, just not how to change the target of the URL that you go to when clicking on the logo.

Asskicker
  • 2005/1/6 2:41

• Asskicker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/22

Open "theme.html" file from your current theme with special programs as has been told in topic above or just open as i do-in notepad. Find the line similar to:
Quote:
a href="xxtp://www.forumimages.com/">
< img src="<{$xoops_url}>/themes/<{$xoops_theme}>/images/logo.gif" alt="Original Themes By #@Z" align="right" />

The logo image is of course the logo.gif which can be replaced by any picture file u choose to insert instead. But if you will look at the beginning of the code u can see "" where http://www.forumimages.com is is the redirection url. Just change it for any other you want then save file theme.html and upload it back to the server by replacing original version.
After the "theme.html" is uploaded go to site preferences and enable theme update.
That should do the trick :).
It did work for me , but i`m a newbie myself, so if any of senior members know easier way- please do correct me as i like to learn as much as possible.
Respect

Vaduun
  • 2005/1/6 3:55

• Vaduun

• Just popping in

Thanks for all the help. I have been experimenting with this all afternoon, and just as your example shows, that is what I had changed. However, the url was not changing each time the page was loaded when clicking on the logo.

My major malfunction, and major learning experience today, is that I must go into admin/preferences and UPDATE Module Template .html files.

Had I done this, I think I probably would have saved myself a couple of hours of aggravation. Once everything was updated, after following your example, everything was perfect.

I guess that being somewhat new to Xoops, I've just got to remember to update those changed files.

Thanks again for all your help, your solution was right on.

Randy
Vad

Login

Who's Online

476 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 476

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits