leiker
Email notification sent but news not published just scheduled
  • 2005/1/4 7:22

• leiker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/1 1

Hi,

I just discovered that when I add a news item, but delay the publication of it, notification is sent out right away, not when it is actually published. So, members gets the message of new news item, but when they follow the link they cant access is since it is not published yet.

How do I solve this?

leiker
Re: Email notification sent but news not published just scheduled
  • 2005/1/5 17:17

• leiker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/1 1

Quote:

leiker wrote:
Hi,

I just discovered that when I add a news item, but delay the publication of it, notification is sent out right away, not when it is actually published. So, members gets the message of new news item, but when they follow the link they cant access is since it is not published yet.

How do I solve this?

Hi again, pardon me for bugging you all with this issue, but it's quite annoying since I'd like to post several news at once, with different times of publication. i.e. I write the weeks news on friday evening, and set publication date to monday, tuesday, wednesday etc. so it appears to be a very "active" site with new news every day.

Anyone knows how to NOT having notification emails sent immediately but when the news is actually published?

ackbarr
Re: Email notification sent but news not published just scheduled

really this issue cannot be solved without some way of scheduling the sending of the notification message to a later time. Since XOOPS has no concept of scheduled tasks (yet). I don't think it possible to do as you as you want. Tho I welcome someone to prove me wrong

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits