u2psycho
need help: hide forum option?
  • 2005/1/3 3:36

• u2psycho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/3 2

Hi everyone,

Here's my problem, i just decided to rebuild my clan's site and forum with XOOPS cause i liked the idea that i could have it all in one (u guys rock). With our old forum (which is about the same forum i find now with XOOPS except for small details), i always had the possibility to completely hide administrators part of our computer gamers community forums from anonymus user seeing. Of course, i can block them so they cant see the content, but i cant find back the option so they cant even see it listed. Is there a way to get this group restriction option working?

thx for the help

mpowell
Re: need help: hide forum option?
  • 2005/1/3 4:13

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

In forums admin there is a set of permissions that you can set for each forum. You can set there the group rights of who can view the forum the forum there. admin->forum->forums then select the forum you want to change permissions for.

mpowell

u2psycho
  • 2005/1/3 21:34

• u2psycho

• Just popping in

yes the permession works well....the anonymous users cant see what is in the forums...but they can see that there is a private forum and they can also see the description of it as well....i'd like to completely hide it.....so when an anonymous user connect on the site he can only see the 2 public forums (and not all the forums including the private ones.....with the 'private forum' icon).....

thx again for ur help....

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/3 22:23

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

u2psycho, you're talking about NewBB 1. NewBB 2 has a more advanced permission system that lets you configure the forums the way you want.

NewBB 2 is not included in the standard XOOPS distribution. It has to be obtained separately fromhttp://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1001

u2psycho
  • 2005/1/4 3:52

• u2psycho

• Just popping in

thx a lot Dave_L

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits