wammes
1 module, multiple mainmenu items?
  • 2004/12/28 11:47

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

I have already managed to add some submenu items in my custom module, using
$sql $xoopsDB->query("SELECT groepid, naam FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("sgminhoud_groep")." WHERE inmainmenu = 1");
$subcount ;
while ( list( 
$groepid$naam ) = $xoopsDB->fetchRow$sql ) )
        {

$modversion['sub'][$subcount]['name'] = $naam;

$modversion['sub'][$subcount]['url'] = "groep.php?groep=".$groepid."";

$subcount++ ;
        }
in xoops_version.php

It generates submenus like a charm. But I dont want those items to be a subitem. I need them to be added to the mainmenu as 'main'-items (if you understand me... )

Could someone push me in the right direction? Or isn't this possible? In other words: can a module have more then one mainmenu entries?

solo71
Re: 1 module, multiple mainmenu items?
  • 2004/12/28 11:56

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

I don't think it's possible. That's probably the reason why such modules like multiMenu do exist...

wammes
  • 2004/12/28 12:13

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

Another advertisement for the multimenu

But multimenu cannot do this, right? I mean a menu with dynamic (sub)menuitems like mainmenu? I still have to add the menuitems by hand...

That is not really what I want. I think I want to cross a xoops-boundary here....

carnuke
  • 2004/12/28 13:16

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Warmes, does this FAQ help?

Another option ... in admin> modules admin make your module link invisible in main menu. Now use multimenu to display all the links you want for that module. This gives you full control.

solo71
  • 2004/12/28 13:19

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

wammes wrote:

But multimenu cannot do this, right? I mean a menu with dynamic (sub)menuitems like mainmenu? I still have to add the menuitems by hand...

MultiMenu does exactly what the main menu does... except that you have to create it manually, indeedly.

wammes
  • 2004/12/28 18:12

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

Gentlemen,

thank you all for your input.

Carnuke: The FAQ answer is very clear to me, but it is still not really what I want. The menu items must be dynamic, like the submenu's in the edito module. For each article added by users a new link in the mainmenu. The FAQ helped me moving my focus from xoops_version.php to the main menu template. I decided to add some dirty code in the mainmenu:
....<!-- end module menu loop -->
<{
php}>
global 
$xoopsDB;
echo(
"<table cellspacing="0"><tr><td id="mainmenu">");

$sql $xoopsDB->query("SELECT groepid, naam FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("sgminhoud_groep")." WHERE inmainmenu = 1");

while (list(
$groepid,$naam)=$xoopsDB->fetchRow($sql))
        {
echo(
"<a class="menuMain" href="/modules/sgminhoud/groep.php?groep=".$groepid."">".$naam."</a>");
        }

echo(
"</td></tr></table>");
<{/
php}>
    </
td>....

By putting the php code in the main menu I don't have to add the links manually. When a new 'groep' is made, the mainmenu will be updated automatically. The only drawback is all the links are always on the bottom of the main menu list. But I can live with that.

Once again: thanks for the feedback!

carnuke
  • 2004/12/28 18:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

wammes, My appologies, I have not used the edito module, so I was not aware of this possibility.

Looks to me like you are finding your own solutions, which is great! Please share here what you create and develop.

Good luck

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits