richbrown
Protecting the site
  • 2004/12/28 5:44

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi

I am beginning to look at understanding how to fully protect the site. And so I went to the faq to look for information on file protection. When I set the site up I had to chmod to 777 for all files which I duly did and then after installation removed the installation directory and chmod one file to 444. Is this ok or should I chmod all files to 444?

For your information under this url:-

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=82

we get this comment:-

There are several basic steps outlined elsewhere in these FAQs, such as correct use of file/folder permissions, htaccess, index redirects, rejection of uploading unsafe mime-types and regular backups. It is also good policy to use your groups system to filter users, allowing extended priviledges only to trusted members.

Would it be possible to put a link to the various answers that are raised?

Thanks

Rich

carnuke
Re: Protecting the site
  • 2004/12/28 9:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Rich,

You may have noticed that several other FAQs have cross reference to other FAQs. Unfortunately the module does not provide for automatic listing of related FAQs (yet!) I have put this on the features request.

Currently we have to scan, match and C/R on a manual basis. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention and I will do this one next

richbrown
  • 2004/12/28 12:28

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Thanks Carnuke

Hope you enjoyed the holidays.

Rich

carnuke
  • 2004/12/31 0:03

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Rich,

Just a follow up from your suggestion to link the security related FAQs together. I have now cross referenced all existing security FAQs Starting with this one

How safe will my XOOPS website be?

If anyone would like to add some basic information about using .htaccess files for security purposes ... please add an FAQ

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits