bwoods01
Help with xphpBBi v0.8
  • 2004/12/27 23:11

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

I just tried to install this module. It looked like it installed okay, but when I go to "Go to Administrator Panel" or "Admin Index" I get "This page cannot be found".

Please Help

Anonymous
Re: Help with xphpBBi v0.8
  • 2004/12/28 0:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

First check if all the files are copied on your server. Try to copy all files again and then reinstall module.

bwoods01
  • 2004/12/28 0:52

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply!

I uninstalled it, then I uploaded the files to the server again, then I installed it again. I still have the same results. Under the main menu I can click on FAQ or search and it will come up okay. When I click on FAQ, search or anything else on the board I get “The page cannot be found”.

Thanks

bwoods01
  • 2004/12/28 1:20

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

Okay when I clink on the link for FAQ under the main menu it gives this link that is correct.http://buddy.greatweb.com/xoops/modules/xphpbbi/faq.php

When I clink on the link for FAQ in the BB it gives me this link that is not correct.http://buddy.greatweb.com/modules/xphpbbi/faq.php

I know what the problem is, but don't know how to fix it. Is there a way to make the BB point to the correct place?

Thanks

Fadiga
  • 2004/12/30 13:46

• Fadiga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/26

I have a question of my own.
Is it possible to restore the backup of an phpbb2 forum through xphpbbi of PHPmyAdmin? I doesn't seem to work here. Made a data backup of the old forum, replaced phpbb2_ prefix by xoops_phpbbi_, started the sql query in myAdmin but I always get this:

NoticeUndefined variabledb in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php on line 215

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/main.php on line 25

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/libraries/ob.lib.php on line 65

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/header.inc.php on line 27

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/header.inc.php on line 28

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/header.inc.php on line 29

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/header.inc.php on line 30

Warning
Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/read_dump.php:215in /packages/apache-1.3.27/htdocs-phpmyadmin/header.inc.php on line 32
Geen SQL query
!

I'm not very familiar with mySQL, but that's already obvious probably

bwoods01
  • 2004/12/31 0:26

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

I found where another person was having the same problem:
Quote:
I can't get this to work at all, either locally on XSAS or on my remote host. In both cases, I get bizarre error messages telling me that files are unavailable when they clearly do exist. If you click any link within the the actual phpBB frame, you get the error, but clicking the FAQ or Search buttons in the XOOPS left frame work... any ideas?

Reply was:Quote:
Maestro, you have just identified a bug, phpbb is creating the wrong url to your files, i'll have that fixed for the next release

Fadiga
  • 2004/12/31 14:36

• Fadiga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/26

I solved my specific problem (see above) myself by restoring the forum step by step. The tables of xphpbbi are (of course, stupid me) sometimes different from the original phpbb tables. So I restore what tables I can through PHPmyAdmin.
The users are a problem, but since there are only 15 of them right now, I'll just insert their data manually into the xoops_users table. That seems to work, for now ...
I don't know any SQL but you can get a long way by experimenting and improvising

Apart from all that, xphpbbi works just fine here. No bugs yet.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits