Rickb
XOOPS 2.9 zip seems corrupt
  • 2004/12/26 22:41

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

The download file on XOOPS 2.9 contains an error: "Invalid argument to date encode," coming from the report of my zip utility on two separate downloads on two different machines. I have tested out the zip utility and it works fine. I've also downloaded again the same file with the same results.

I also received an error on the tar file from a separate utility.

Rick

ackbarr
Re: XOOPS 2.9 zip seems corrupt

I just tried both the zip and the tar versions of the 2.0.9 full release and had no problems with either one. Since it is hosted on sourceforge, I'd recommend trying a different mirror. Perhaps one of the mirrors got a corrupt copy.

joeiscoffee

I saw this on my upgrade. It may be relevant.

2.0.7.x_to_2.0.9.tar.gz has a date error: "implausibly old time stamp." i.e. 1901-12-13 the date found on the first file / in the tar file.

This did not prevent my install though.

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/26 23:49

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

WinZip 9.0 SR-1 on Win2000 issues the following warnings when I perform the function to test the archive's integrity:

Quote:
For file "xoops-2.0.9\", the time stamp in the central directory is invalid, using the current system time instead.
For file "xoops-2.0.9\", the time stamp in the local directory is invalid, using the current system time instead.

I think these are only warnings, and shouldn't affect functionality.

The file xoops-2.0.9.zip was downloaded from the Atlanta GA mirror.

Mithrandir

I get the same errors - however, the files in the archive are working fine, so unless they themselves are corrupted, I wouldn't think too much about it.

Rickb
  • 2004/12/29 0:08

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

However, I try not to make those assumptions - as the penalty could be at a high cost. One byte difference can change the world. I think this is a quality control issue, if so - this does not feel good.

Some of you are making the assumption that all errors are accurately responding to the particular event.

Interesting, I was using Coffee Cup Fee Zip - for years and the downloaded zip file showed 0 bytes. Then I downloaded the lastest version of Coffee Cup and still no change. It was only after downloading another zip utility did I have success. Still got an error prompt but the file seems to work fine.

How does the XOOPS team allow a file to unpack with an error? Yes, even a date error.

Rick

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/29 0:24

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Rickb, I agree wih you.

As far as I know, this .zip was not reviewed by anyone prior to public release, which is not really the best procedure.

zxr11
  • 2008/3/9 15:25

• zxr11

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/9 5

Hi,

You may try Advanced Zip Repair athttp://www.datanumen.com/azr/ This tool is rather useful in salvaging damaged Zip archives.

Alan

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits