Robby15
Cannot arrange a particular block
  • 2004/12/25 3:02

• Robby15

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/15

Ok, I've been messing with this for a week now. I added a block to my site to work as a disclaimer. Here's the site:

http://bip.mortality.net/modules/news/index.php

Notice how the disclaimer appears above the news items? I have it weighted at 4, and the recent topics rated at 1. But no matter what I do, the disclaimer refuses to appear at the bottom of the page. Any ideas WHY?

Dave_L
Re: Cannot arrange a particular block
  • 2004/12/25 3:09

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

To put a block at the bottom of the page, you would have to modify themes/*/theme.html.

An alternative would be to modify the footer text.

carnuke
  • 2004/12/27 19:09

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Carrying on from what Dave_L just said: You can position the blocks in your theme.html wherever you want. For example I moved this block

<!-- Start center-right blocks loop -->
                              <{foreach 
item=block from=$xoops_crblocks}><{include file="mytheme/theme_blockcenter_r.html"}><{/foreach}>
<!-- 
End center-right blocks loop -->

Into my header bar to show a ticker. You could easily move this to the bottom of your theme.html page and use it to display a custom block disclaimer. If you are not intending to use certain blocks, just move them to where they could be useful.

Robby15
  • 2005/1/5 4:02

• Robby15

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/15

I'm still confused. I went into the admin panel, cleared out what was in the footer box, inserted the disclaimer, and it still does not show.

I can't access the HTML file because a friend set it up and I have no idea how to FTP into it and alter the HTML file.

I also still don't understand why the news appears on the main page but not in the block listings, and why I can't put a disclaimer block below the news blocks on that link I provided.

brash
  • 2005/1/5 4:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you don't have access to edit the HTML, then you won't be able to do what you are wanting. Almost all themes are set to display blocks first, then content. This means that blocks will ALWAYS be displayed before module content regardless of the weighting system in Xoops. It is a bit of a bummer and can be fairly limiting in some circumstances (as you've discovered) but that is just the way it is at the moment.

*Edit*

You might want to have a look at StudioC's themes.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits