kuplo
Permissions?
  • 2004/12/24 1:31

• kuplo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

Okay Im really struggling with this aspect of XOOPS and it's modules.

I'm trying to use the News module (as an example) and I dont want anyregistered or unregistered users to even see the "submit news" link in the main menu. I only want it accessed by webmasters in the administration panel.

I still want them to be able to see the articles that are submitted, including the archive but not be able to see a submit news link in the main menu.

I'd also like to do this with all other modules to a certain degree, so for example if I use the wfs module, then I dont want the users to be able to see the link.

The only way that I can see to do this would be to custom build a main menu with out these items, but that takes away some of the functionality of why I use the software.

It just seems to me that most modules dont have a specific permissions system to prevent certain groups from doing things.

Now Im not complaining and it may be somewhere else, but this seems to be a very complex site system so I may not have stumbled upon it yet.

Can anyone tell me how to set specific module permissions to prevent certain items from appearin in their block menus.

Thanks,

jdseymour
Re: Permissions?

Well I am not using the news module anymore, I moved to AMS, but the functionality is the same as the news module. If I log off the site and click on news all I see in the submenu is archive, no submit link. It should be the same in the news module also.

The settings should be in the submit permissions in the module admin.

irocc
  • 2005/1/4 17:08

• irocc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

Quote:

I'm trying to use the News module (as an example) and I dont want anyregistered or unregistered users to even see the "submit news" link in the main menu. I only want it accessed by webmasters in the administration panel.

I've got almost the same problem with the news module and maybe in other modules in the future.

I made a group "news posters". I want to give the members of that group only the permission to post news items. (And of course the webmasters).

I set the group permissions as follows: the group "registered users" do not have system of module admin rights. "registered users" have access rights on the news module.

But still when a "registered user" logs on, the "submit news" sublink appears.

Is there some way to prevent "submit news" from showing up? Or do I have to use another module?

I do not want anyone to submit news items, but there will be a few people who will have the possibility to submit news.

Mithrandir

The "Submit News" link is only shown for users that can submit news to a topic - however, this was implemented in News 1.2 and is not in the 1.1 version that is shipped with XOOPS full packages

Login

Who's Online

392 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 392

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits