Sixty-Six
Theme changes crap out the site..
  • 2004/12/23 19:13

• Sixty-Six

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/23

I can't stand this at all.

I am new to XOOPS, but have used different portal systems before. I downloaded the LIME theme...followed the instructions EXACTLY as it was written...and when I tried to switch the theme of the site, the whole site no longer comes up....its a completely BLANK page!

I gave up on that one...I tried the BORG theme which came with NO instructions. I simply uploaded it to my themes folder like I had done with the LIME theme. When I tried to switch the theme, again I get nothing but a WHITE BLANK SCREEN.

What the heck is going on here? These are VERSION 2 themes and I'm running version 2.0.7.3.

Please help.

Sixty-Six

Mithrandir
Re: Theme changes crap out the site..

astonstreet

Are you sure you uploaded the right folder?

When themes are zipped, there is often an extra directory made... you must be sure that the directory containing the theme files is the one you upload.

This may be an obvious question, but it would explain a blank page after uploading a theme.

Sixty-Six
  • 2004/12/27 21:46

• Sixty-Six

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/23

Yes I am sure. I really don't get it. I am using the XOOPS that was installed automatically by my host's Fantastico system. I don't know if this has anything to do with it...but I am considering wiping it out and installing XOOPS from scratch with the latest version. If it still doesn't work for me then, what else is there to try?

Sixty-Six

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits