wmostrey
Serious News mod/newBB administration problem
  • 2004/12/23 8:20

• wmostrey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

I have a problem with the administration of the news mod and newbb. The problem occurs when a person is logged in as a member of the webmaster group, or a member of a user-created moderator group who has moderation rights on both the news mod or the newbb.

The problem is that with some posts, the edit/delete option just does not appear, nor in the post nor in the comments. I can't seem to find a rule as in to when it does not appear, they are random posts.

Another problem is that sometimes anonymous users or plain registered users see the edit/delete option.. They should never, ever be able to see that option. I did not find this problem in the FAQ or on this board but this seems to be a serious issue. Does anybody have any advice on this?

Mithrandir
Re: Serious News mod/newBB administration problem

Do you use caching?

wmostrey
  • 2004/12/23 12:35

• wmostrey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

Yes I do. I disabled to option now and indeed the option is correct. The problem is that we have a site with a lot of visitors so the caching option is pretty handy..

javier
  • 2005/4/25 17:44

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

I hace a similar problem,
today i installed the latest newbb2 version and my forum moderators CAN delete or edit users accounts INCLUDING the Admin account!

i have

Quote:
Enable Cache

Store some intermediate results in session to save queries

enabled, i should disable that?

grettings

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits