Ace_Armstrong
Some NewBB 2.0 questions

Just upgraded to NewBB 2.0 and it is BRILLIANT! A great leap forward. I have some questions related to the module, though, that I hope someone can answer:

1. Why can't I get any imageset other than default to show up in my preferences dropdown?

2. Is there any way to get the anonymous posting option in specific forums and/or categories instead of system-wide?

3. When I upgraded, all of the existing posts reverted to having the BBCode and HTML formatting turned off. Is there a way to turn that on system-wide?

4. Several of my threads (and I can't seem to find a pattern) now generate an "internal server error" when I click on them. Any clue as to what causes this and how to fix it?

5. What exactly is a "digest"?

6. What is the RSS feed supposed to do, exactly?

7. How do I make the default view one of posts "from the beginning"? I did this before, but the upgrade reverted it back and I can't remember how to fix it.

Again, GREAT JOB on this one! I am totally blown away!

Ace_Armstrong
Re: Some NewBB 2.0 questions

Actually hacked together something for this one:

Quote:

2. Is there any way to get the anonymous posting option in specific forums and/or categories instead of system-wide?

I am never, ever going to use the prefix option, so I made it into an "Allow anonymous posts?" option instead. Works pretty seamlessly. So, *whew!* one down.

The thing that's really killing me is the corrupted thread problem. Does anyone have any insights at all? I've never seen this particular problem, and I ran a repair on the database to no effect. I'm quickly pulling my hair out on this one.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/22 1:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

the internal server error could be due to max memory / max post size set in php.ini

ideally this needs to be a minimum of 16m as the default 8m is a little small for a lot of new scripts.

it could also be due to the time out aswell, but those settings are a server setting so u may need to contact ur host..

of course, it may not be related to that, but it maybe worth checking.. a simple phpinfo() script should give u enuff info to check those with..

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
the internal server error could be due to max memory / max post size set in php.ini

ideally this needs to be a minimum of 16m as the default 8m is a little small for a lot of new scripts.

it could also be due to the time out aswell, but those settings are a server setting so u may need to contact ur host..

of course, it may not be related to that, but it maybe worth checking.. a simple phpinfo() script should give u enuff info to check those with..

I'm pretty sure that's not it. There are much longer threads with much longer posts that all seem fine. My guess is that maybe something got corrupted, but I haven't a clue as to what.

nachenko
  • 2005/2/21 11:11

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Quote:
1. Why can't I get any imageset other than default to show up in my preferences dropdown?

Once uploaded the new imageset you want to use in the right folder (newbb/images/imagesets/your_new_imageset_folder), go to the module administrator and update the forum module.

It worked for me.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits