Patrickwc
Logos and Links
  • 2004/12/19 20:49

• Patrickwc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/19

Gentlemen,

I am a newbie to XOOPS and I have already become addicted! I will get to the point as I am sure you are inundated with questions! My first question is how do I change the logo in the upper left corner of my home page? I would like to replace the xoop with a image for my home page.

My second question may not fall under this category, but I will post it here and you can direct me elsewhere if necessary. Can I import the links I already have in a different links management system into XOOPS web links? If so, how do I do this. Do I use CSV format or some other method? Also, I searched your FAQ and found a thread on how to add links to the menu. I was able to do this, however, the part that baffles me is how to link the text to the URL. I am HTML fluent but not PHP and the <{$XOOPS_url}> is what I need to modify I think, but just putting my URL in place of XOOP did not change anything. Any expertise you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking time to answer what must seem like rudimentary questions.

Sincerely,

Patrick Comtois - CEO
Chance2arnmoney Inc.

WingNut
Re: Logos and Links
  • 2004/12/19 21:47

• WingNut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

To change the logo replace the logo.gif image under /images/. I'm afriad I don't think there's anyway to tranfer data though. Also I don't know how to edit links.

astonstreet

<{$Xoops_url}> is smarty code... it points to the root directory of your site. I dont quite understand what you want to link to in your menu, but you can use that smarty code in your links. ie: <{$xoops_url}>directory/page.html will make a linkhttp://www.yourxoopssite.com/directory/page.html.

I arent sure if thats what you didnt understand or if I explained it bad... hope it helps.

Patrickwc
  • 2004/12/20 18:03

• Patrickwc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/19

I would like to thank both wingnut and astonstreet for replying to my post. Both suggestions were helpful!

Thanks again

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits