CoolPops
Module templates, auto-update?
  • 2004/12/18 16:51

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/9 1

During the development of my module I am making many, many edits to the templates and am finding that I have to go back and refresh the module each time to make my module template changes appear.

Is there a way to avoid this step? A setting I am missing somewhere or something?

Thanks,

CoolPops

jdseymour
Re: Module templates, auto-update?

Go to site preferences edit general settings and next to

"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This should be turned off once the site goes public."

Put a tick mark in the yes. Don't forget to disable it when your done.

CoolPops
  • 2004/12/18 17:43

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

I have that enabled already with no effect

jdseymour

Well, sorry it didn't work. You don't have any cache enabled do you?

CoolPops
  • 2004/12/18 17:54

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

No cache enabled on any of my modules. I remember it working in the past and I didn't change anything with Xoops. But I edit my template and no change appears. If I refresh my module in the module manager then my changes appear.

jdseymour

One other thing that it could be. I may be wrong. Your browser cache could make it where you don't see the updates. Have you checked that?

CoolPops
  • 2004/12/18 18:33

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

I thought of that but it wouldn't make sense for the browser to then show the updated page as soon as I hit 'Update' in the module admin. To test this (ensure their's not something like that going on) I made a change to my template and viewed it in my normal browser (Firefox). No change. Hit refresh, Shift Refresh many times, no change. I then loaded Konqueror, logged in and hit Update on the module. Now back in Firefox, refresh... the changes appeared first time.

I went back, again, and double checked the setting:

"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This should be turned off once the site goes public."

It indeed is set to yes. I even set it to No, hit go, then set it back to yes and hit go, still no go.

jdseymour

Well, sorry I have run out of ideas. Maybe someone else has run and fixed this problem.

Good luck in your development.

CoolPops
  • 2004/12/21 18:28

• CoolPops

• Just popping in

Has anyone seen this problem before? I continue development but when I change a module template I must use the Update Module function to make the new template take effect. It's kinda getting tiresome.

Mithrandir

What you can do is

1. Enable the "update module templates from themes..." setting
2. Copy your templates from the modules/yourmodule/templates folder to a themes/yourtheme/templates/yourmodule folder
3. Make changes to the template files in the theme

Once you are done with the templates, copy them back to the modules/yourmodule/templates folder

Just remember when you add a template, to add a dummy one in modules/yourmodule/templates as you will still have to update the module to register the new template.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits