intmoves
Any sections module: Additional block idea
  • 2004/12/17 12:54

• intmoves

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/21

I have an idea for an additional block for any and/or all modules that manage articles. As almost all do support multi-page articles, it would be VERY usefull to have a block that shows direct links to all pages for a displayed article. This way we can create a dedicated navigation-block for multi-page articles.

The only way to do it now is to create the links by hand and put them on each part of the multi-page article. Besides this being a lot of work, it goes against the idea of a system like XOOPS and the possibilities to integrate this kind of navigation into the layout of a website.

I think the article management needs to be enhanced to be able to give a 'title' for each section, maybe with some tag like this [sectiontitle:xxxxx].

So, any takers ?

Catzwolf
Re: Any sections module: Additional block idea
  • 2004/12/17 14:36

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

WF-Sections does this already, its a hidden feature that I didn't make public (for some reason I don't know).

Enter [title]title text here[\title] for the title of each page break.
and Enter [subtitle]Subtitle text here[\subtitle] to create a subtitle.

Works for v2++

ATB

Catz

intmoves
Re: Any sections module: Additional block idea
  • 2004/12/18 13:15

• intmoves

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/21

Catz, thanks for the reply. However, Im using two section-modules (I need two separate areas) that are both based on wf-sections. I use zMagazine because of it's spotlight section and xf-sections because wf-sections and zMagazine where conflicting somewhere. I tried your suggestion in both modules (as they are based on yours I tried) but they don't work. It might be because they don't support that function or I did it wrong. So where am I supposed to put the [title]title text here[\title] in the article ?

One other question (as I didn't see it working yet), where is the generated title-link displayed ? Is it in the section pagebody or is there a dedicated block that gathers the links for the current displayed article (the last thing is what I actually would like to have).

Thanks in advance.

Login

Who's Online

374 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 374

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits