jpco_122122
Cannot login on XOOPS!

I am using XOOPS as intranet. I have mysql,apache,xoops 2.0.7.3. I installed a module marquee and put it in the right side together with the search menu and it works good then I moved the search menu to the right side, and from then on I can't logon anymore on my intranet.

What can I do to fix this?

Anonymous
Re: Cannot login on XOOPS!
  • 2004/12/16 12:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

not clear .. u means can't login to admin. area or main page can't display.
if u can't logon as username:password, is there any error message ?

McNaz
  • 2004/12/16 13:07

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Have you tried looking in XOOPS FAQ to see if similar problems to yours were asked? There is a good article on how to debug XOOPS to track down the problem.

Cheers.

jpco_122122

Yes, There I have amy main page, so if ever I will logon it will says "thank you for logging in administrator if the page does not reload click here" but after this message I am still not logged on? I don't know what is the cause of all this. Both users and admin has that prblem therefore no one can logon.

xamon
  • 2005/1/24 12:00

• xamon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/24

Hello!

I have the same problem, does anybody know the cause ?

thanks.

thadius
  • 2005/1/24 23:10

• thadius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/21

I have the same problem, fresh install of xoops, login at first appears to be successful (takes the user to the homepage, displays the link to admin menu) however, whenever I click any of the links I'm told I do not have permission to access whatever it is I am trying to access.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/24 23:30

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Try checking if your cache/ folder still has write access for the world (chmod 0777), and the files within chmod 0666.

thadius
  • 2005/1/26 18:08

• thadius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/21

my XOOPS is set up on IIS 6, and near as I can tell there shouldn't be any problem with permissions BUT

it seems like the problem is with the session variable not holding, maybe not writing the cookie correctly?

when I initially log in it is fine, I get to the menu with the admin section included at index.php?&PHPSESSID=whatever my session id happens to be. now, I had a XOOPS intall before and never saw it show the session id, but didn't know if that is the problem.

When I click admin it says my permission is denied

when I just replace index.php with admin.php in the url, and leave the session variable, it at least takes me to the page sayings its my first time to use the admin section, click submit, and it says I don't have permission.

Any ideas?

--------------------

figured it out, IE wont trust a cookie from a url with a _ in it, which this one had (it was just on the local network). Works fine under mozilla.

jpco_122122

hi thadius, you are running IIS right? can u help me how to make a protected page? Im doing a link on my menu called "crimemapping" and is linked to crimemapping.html how can i make crimemapping.html a protected page?

Anyone can help?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/28 3:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check ur firewalls and cookie settings.. if cookies are blocked you won't be able to login properly (usually the sessionid appears in the url when cookies get blocked)

also check ur firewalls for http header blocking and turn it off as XOOPS requires http headers to not be blocked..

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits