yosef
modules seem unused
  • 2004/12/14 3:51

• yosef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/14

Is it just me or do the modules seem to be unused. It would be nice to see if there was more of a ranking of the modules and some reviews. I just installed XOOPS on a system and I was looking at the modules and it was very hard to figure out which ones work better than others.

brash
Re: modules seem unused
  • 2004/12/14 4:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

It would be good, but I think getting to know your way around the modules is unfortunately just going to be a part of growing into Xoops. Besides, who would do the reviews, and who is to say one persons opinion of a module (which a review essentially is) should have such weight. The fallout effect from a negative review simply wouldn't be worth it in my opionion. What I DO think would be really valuable is to seperate dead projects from projects still being developed.

Eugney
  • 2004/12/14 5:22

• Eugney

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/25

Just Try diff things out I wfind many mods that people like the most not that geat for me for istance most people like newbb I like ipb for skining perpouse

JMorris
  • 2004/12/14 5:39

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

brash wrote:
It would be good, but I think getting to know your way around the modules is unfortunately just going to be a part of growing into Xoops. Besides, who would do the reviews, and who is to say one persons opinion of a module (which a review essentially is) should have such weight. The fallout effect from a negative review simply wouldn't be worth it in my opionion.

Very good point. I once considered doing review of modules and themes, but fortunately life got in the way of that. Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I'm left wondering.. Who am I to judge?

Quote:

brash wrote:
What I DO think would be really valuable is to seperate dead projects from projects still being developed.

You volunteering? j/k

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits