monde
XOOPS Mail Not Working In Any Mode
  • 2004/12/13 23:12

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/15

Hi,
I've recently installed XOOPS version 2.7.0.3 on a Windows platform and cannot get any of the mail modes working.

Consequently, neither the Contact module nor the Registration module works. They seem to be operating properly, but mail just doesn't get sent to the appropriate user.

I've turned on PHP error messages and MySQL error messages and receive none when XOOPS tries to send mail.
If I set up any of the mail modes incorrectly I DO see the appropriate errors generated by XOOPS.

I've tried PHPMail(), SMTP, SMTPAuth and even tried setting up my own mail server using MercuryMail.

When using MercuryMail, I set up SMTPAuth and setup the appropriate fields in XOOPS under Mail Setup.
The MercuryMail Application Console sees the the request and handles it gracefully without errors. It just seems like the mail is an empty request without any content or headers. The authentication and routing seems to work.

If I intentionally set up the SMTPAuth incorrectly in XOOPS, i see the error in MercuryMail, so it proves that SMTPAuth is sending the right information to the server when I do set it up correctly in XOOPS.

I just don't receive any mail at all.

- sid
http://www.scalr.com

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits