ManXP
Going more with SEO
  • 2004/12/13 15:20

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

As i made unique titles, descriptions and keywords for every module on XOOPS for my website, i need to make an another improvement with News 1.21 module.

For article title module uses this line - $myts->makeTboxData4Show($article->title()).

I want to use this title as keywords too. Keywords for News 1.21 module are generated by this scheme on my website:

$xoops_tpl->assign('mymodule_keywords' 'Keyword 1, Keyword 2...');

Now i make this: $xoops_tpl->assign('mymodule_keywords' 'Keyword 1, Keyword 2, $myts->makeTboxData4Show($article->title())');

But it doesn't work. How can i make this? For more explanation, here is an example:

Let's say a title for story is - "Title_1". I want to have "Title_1" as one of my keywords too. Any ideas are welcome. I'm going to make XOOPS best search engine optimized CMS ever.

carnuke
Re: Going more with SEO
  • 2004/12/13 16:35

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
I'm going to make XOOPS best search engine optimized CMS ever.

ManXP, this idea is too good to go unanswered, why don't you take this post to the devs site?

Good luck

ManXP
  • 2004/12/13 16:38

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Well, i hope to get an answer here too - don't like to make double posts. As XOOPS developers visit this forum too :)
I know it's possible to make XOOPS and all the modules optimized - now i get 3 times more unique visitors from Google and i need more...

ManXP
Merry Christmas
  • 2004/12/24 15:21

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

I did it!

After some exploring and hacking XOOPS code now i have not just unique titles/descriptions/keywords for every page.

Now keywords for every page ar added automatically according to news title. For example, if you will go at articlehttp://www.soft-news.net/m-news+article+storyid-599.html (about program called BlindWrite) and look at the source, you will see, that first keyword is - "Blindwrite", and the goes other keywords by the main text (Download, Shareware, etc...)

If you will open an article about "Windows XP" for example, the first keyword will be Windows XP.

After first SEO my Google traffic was bigger 3 times than usual XOOPS system, now it's more than 4 times bigger and growing... Yeah, Christmas time...

By the way, forums are optimized too. For example if you will create a topic with name "This is my topic", you won't see a link like here such as index.php&forum=xxx&topicid=xxx", URL is changed to /forum/This_is_my_topic.html"

ideiafacil
Re: Merry Christmas
  • 2005/1/11 22:51

• ideiafacil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

Hey ManXP...
its a great hack...
is possible distribute, share, divulge or explain, how you make this?

Thanks

carnuke
Re: Merry Christmas
  • 2005/1/11 23:30

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Well, I did say it was a good idea LOL

c'mon, manxp, there are some of us drooling to hear about your hack!!!

Do tell

ManXP
  • 2005/1/26 18:45

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Hello, guys.

First of all, sorry for such a late reply, but i was very busy to check forums and answer messages.

Now i'm thinking what should i do with this hack, as i spent my time and money to make this. maybe i should start selling it as koudanshi (from BBPixel) does? Because it seems to be working well - my traffic is bigger 8 times already and after some improvements for the hack (i improved it few minutes ago) traffic must grow a little yet. Just need to think an affordable price for hack installation...

banned
  • 2005/1/26 21:14

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Well, your 'hack' seems to give the same result of putting <{$xoops_pagetitle}> before <{$xoops_keywords}> in the theme.html ..

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits