maker
Remove redirection within Xoops
  • 2004/12/10 19:25

• maker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

Hello everyone !

You know the page that "links" between some parts of Xoops, the one that appears after you log in, or after you've just submitted a news or participated in any way at the content.
You know, the page that says, "If this page does nor reloads in a few seconds, please click HERE" or something like it.

Well, I want to REMOVE it, since my boss thinks it's buggy. And I feel a little bit just the same

Yet, I don't want to break something, so, if you have some ergonomic and safe solutions, please feel free to answer here or directly contact me at imaxim@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance! Xoop up your life ! ;)

ejuden01
Re: Remove redirection within Xoops
  • 2004/12/10 21:18

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

The line you want to replace should look something like:
redirect_header("index.php"3_NOPERM);

Replace that with:
header("Location: index.php");

maker
  • 2004/12/15 9:14

• maker

• Just popping in

Which is the file where I do the replacement ?

carnuke
  • 2004/12/15 9:24

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

maker, when you have a resolution to this, can you submit your answer to the FAQ you submitted!

Thanks

talunceford

Replacing the redirect in XOOPS is not as easy as just finding a file and replacing a text value, as the redirect statement is in many different files. In order for you do replace the redirect totally, you would have to go through every file and find it and replace it. I really don't understand what the problem with the redirect is anyway, as I've never had a problem with it once. The redirect template itself can be reworked itself to blend into the site as you can see on my site. Just some more FYI.

maker
  • 2004/12/15 17:46

• maker

• Just popping in

Could you please be more specific, 'cause I'm not wuite into PHP or the scrtucture of Xoops. Blending the page into into the main interface would be a nice compromise.

talunceford

Ok, I'll try and give you an example here........

if ( $article->published() == || $article->published() > time() ) {

redirect_header('index.php'2_NW_NOSTORY);
    exit();
}

Ok, this is just a few lines out of the article.php file for the news module. This only deals with the the fact that if there are not any articles published it will redirect you. Basically, in the XOOPS cms, there are tons of if statements and querys that once ran, they will redirect you. Every module, has them. By my last post, I meant that by wanting to just "get rid of" the redirect isn't gonna be an easy task or one that is really possible. Now you can do it on a module to module basis, but like I said before, there is "no one file" that you can edit. There are many, more than I would care to count. Just look through some of the files in the system itself, you will see what I mean. Look through the includes folders, the root directory, the modules folder of course, but you would be taking on a task that would be the size of mount everest in proportions. But..........., and I stress but......... I never said it couldn't be done. Now one way that I did do a sitewide find and replace, was with dreamweaver. It will allow you to do just that. But, I am not guaranteeing anything. It might completely destroy your site or it might accomplish what you are wanting. Make sure you know what you want the redirect you are replacing to do before you take on something like that. Just be cautious.

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/15 19:14

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The function redirect_header is in include/functions.php. That's probably the only place you need to change, if the objective is to change all the page redirects.

talunceford

Right, I think they are wanting to get rid of the redirect though. Im not sure that you can without a lot of work. Am I missing something here?

ewonline
  • 2004/12/18 0:40

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Cant we have a option in XOOPS in the future to have Header redirects or html redirects?

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits