rhansson
This is what I need to do....
  • 2004/12/10 9:25

• rhansson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/10

I would like to turn this site:
http://www.cappellocorp.com
into a CMS system. I have played with XOOPS for a few days, but it doesn't seem like the right tool for this job. I need to convert it so that it looks and feels the same as today.

Anyone has any comments regarding this?

Cheers,
Rasmus

brash
Re: This is what I need to do....
  • 2004/12/10 10:56

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I see XOOPS and modules as the clay which the webmaster can then sculpture into what he/she wants. Perhaps if you could point out the doubts you are having and we'll see if we can address them.

rhansson
  • 2004/12/10 11:46

• rhansson

• Just popping in

Thanks for your reply!

I just haven't found a way to present the site with the same navigation structure as it has today, with the different type of submenus and the ability to add different types of content to the various menus.

If you think it could be done, and know how, and are willing to help (in exchange for payment) , I would like to discuss this further.

Best,
Rasmus

brash
  • 2004/12/10 12:07

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Had a bit of a look round, and I don't see there being any big issues. I've never had to work with flash before, but as long as you aren't wanting to change anything I don't see that being a problem. It's nearly midnight where I am, so I'll have another look tomorrow once I have a fresh set of eyes and a clear head.

LazyBadger

Quote:

rhansson wrote:
I would like to turn this site:
http://www.cappellocorp.com
into a CMS system. I have played with XOOPS for a few days, but it doesn't seem like the right tool for this job.

Well, I saw at site and think, it's not a big deal...
It will require some work, but I (peronally) can't see something impossible to reproduce in XOOPS
You have to write theme , work with templates, kill most of defalt XOOPS modules, but
MultiMenu + (any content manager here) + Liase + (forgot something?) will do the trick, IMHO

One question (unrelated) - why do you want use CMS for site, and which betefints you wait from any CMS? Site seems as "mostly static" from my POV and not such huge in order to have "manageability problems"...
But I can see in totally wrong direction

jmass
  • 2004/12/10 14:24

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

A better question is why wouldn't you use a CMS for any site. It is not any harder to create and ready to grow.

LazyBadger

Because for simpliest cases (counteable amount of static pages and nothing more) any CMS give unwanted overhead and nothing useful, decrease flexibility of solution (maybe I'm lame stupid, but I have some troubles on converting site design to Xoops... Some, not critical, but... )

rhansson
  • 2004/12/11 20:46

• rhansson

• Just popping in

They need the CMS so they can update the content themselves and also if you look at some of the pages they have tables with columns that you can sort. They are all made in static HTML and very time consuming to update.

If anyone is up for helping me setup the structure of this site, please send me a PM.

Best,
Rasmus

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits