tonymac
Different Blocks for different RSS feeds
  • 2004/12/7 17:47

• tonymac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/4

I am using the Headlines module that comes with XOOPS 2.0.7, and would like to put my RSS feeds into different blocks, that I can place on different parts of the page or different pages entirely. Is this what is referred to as "cloning"? Either way, is this something that is easily achievable? Is this a matter of just defining custom blocks? if so, how do I go about this?

Thanks.

ajaxbr
Re: Different Blocks for different RSS feeds
  • 2004/12/15 19:26

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hi,
I'd suggest cloning, as mentioned here. Probably you can make it work with custom blocks, but I have no clue about how to try it (however, search brought this up). You'll have to figure out a way to select which feed(s) goes into each block, you can set a new template variable or even use feed ID for that.

Anyway, take a look at xhld before you start coding

twitaman
  • 2004/12/15 20:53

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Go straight to XHLD. It's a EXTREMELY useful module if your main intent is to manage and deliver content.

LazyBadger

It have some problems, at least it 2.73 - one problem related to 8-bit texts, another is more common... Two XHLD diffeent versions can't live at site... At least I get "blanl page" bug, when try to reach .../xhld0/ (2.53) with installed /xhld1/ from v.2.73. Can find reasons, but - have facts
Last full usable is 2.53 (which identifies himlelf as 2.52)

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits