Anonymous
NewBB 2.0 problems (please help)
  • 2004/12/4 11:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

1. I am using NewBB 2.0 FinalPreview and i have a problem ... when i reply to a theme and that theme has already 10 replyes and mine is 11th reply ... it puts me to first page afther posting ... it should put you to a second page so you can see your own post... How can change this ?

2. If you want to go to the other page on the forum you have to click the number on the little picture. How can I change tthe color of this number ... because I have white pictures and white numbers ...

3. I am using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and am xoopsdownloads module that came with it. If someone rates a download with 9 and other with 10 the average number is 9,5 but XOOPS shows 9.00 ... Can i change this so it will use two decimals to show average rate?

4. In my NewBB 2.0 when I reply a topic it shows like I didn't read that topic ... I have to "mark forums as read" everytime

5. Marking all forums ass unread doesn't work ...

Please help me ... Tnx.

Anonymous
Re: NewBB 2.0 problems (please help)
  • 2004/12/4 15:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Really nobody can help me ?

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/4 16:26

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

No. 1,4,5 are also my questions

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 19:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

I just can't believe it.

Tell me why is good to use a NewBB forum if we don't get the support ... this is not good.

It isn't strange that people are using phpBB on so many pages ... it WORKS and if you have a problem you can find HELP easily... what about NewBB ... nothing.

Sorry but, fuck a support site like this ...

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/4 20:05

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you must know the newbb 2.0 final still dont release for public download so you cant get a full support like other official modules.
the newbb team (predator/phppp and others )work hard in their free times to get it better and better and you can see many wonderfull changes from newbb 1
these errors that you write in this topic are not very important so must wait and be patient for answers

DonXoop

Quote:
Bahattee wrote:

Are you kidding?
Thanks for stopping by and we hope you enjoy your new PhpBB. Your support dollars apparently go much farther there so don't wait, run.

I don't feel like responding to your newwest thread but I did understand 100% of the 10% I read. I hope that thread just fades away.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 21:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Are you kidding?

No.

Quote:
Thanks for stopping by and we hope you enjoy your new PhpBB.

phpBB is MUCH BETTER than newBB 2.0 ...

Quote:
Your support dollars apparently go much farther there so don't wait, run.

Maybe.

Quote:
I don't feel like responding to your newwest thread but I did understand 100% of the 10% I read. I hope that thread just fades away.

Great. That means I have improved my English a little.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/4 23:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Bahattee wrote:
1. I am using NewBB 2.0 FinalPreview and i have a problem ... when i reply to a theme and that theme has already 10 replyes and mine is 11th reply ... it puts me to first page afther posting ... it should put you to a second page so you can see your own post... How can change this ?

Is fixed in the final...

Quote:

2. If you want to go to the other page on the forum you have to click the number on the little picture. How can I change tthe color of this number ... because I have white pictures and white numbers ...

Is a corefunction: xoops/class/pagenav.php

Quote:

3. I am using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 and am xoopsdownloads module that came with it. If someone rates a download with 9 and other with 10 the average number is 9,5 but XOOPS shows 9.00 ... Can i change this so it will use two decimals to show average rate?

Sure but i´m at the moment not familare with the module...

Quote:

4. In my NewBB 2.0 when I reply a topic it shows like I didn't read that topic ... I have to "mark forums as read" everytime

Should be fixed...

Quote:

5. Marking all forums ass unread doesn't work ...

Will be checked...

Quote:

by Bahattee on 2004/12/4 20:51:10

I just can't believe it.

Tell me why is good to use a NewBB forum if we don't get the support ... this is not good.

It isn't strange that people are using phpBB on so many pages ... it WORKS and if you have a problem you can find HELP easily... what about NewBB ... nothing.

I can´t believe it,

people also have a life next to XOOPS and the newbb team is a 2 men team ( phppp and me ) both have to work and are not so lucky as you who seems to have everytime free.

So sorry that i did have party for my birthday 2 days ago and not answering you.

Sorry that i have to work yesterday longer to make up for the freeday before and to life and not answering you.

Sorry to have worked today that late that i can answer you now.

If you use the Bugtracker as suggested, the help would come faster.

To post this way you can do on your on forum, or on a commercial supportsite where you have paid for a product, maybe you find there people which can give you a 24 hours personal support, i can´t do this.

This is my opinion...

Cheers

svaha
  • 2004/12/5 0:17

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

A little late maybe, but : Happy birthday Predator, and take your time, I think you're doing / done a great job.
Aloha

davidl2
  • 2004/12/5 1:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I also appreciate the hard work both you and PHP .... and its not just one module you're involved in either!

I'm not using Newbb2 yes on my own site, as it is not a final version, but have been very impressed with it on my test site.

Another thing to take into account - is people may have read your problem, and not known the solution - but having lots of posts saying "Sorry, I can't help with this" is more useless if you have a problem, then a solution that doesn't work.

I personally get very frustrated when people have problems that I can't help with - but I will not answer them as I don't have the information that will help.

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits