jpco_122122
What's the use of xoops.css?

Hey what is the use of xoops.css i've been wondering because I've been manipulating style.css on my themes.
Also how can I insert an image inside the block for exampl I want to insert an image inside the Main Menu.
How can I do this?

Herko
Re: What
  • 2004/12/3 8:01

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XOOPS.css deals with styles for the admin, mostly. It's a stylesheet that doesn't change with a theme, so it doesn't hold any front-side ;ayout.

Herko

rowdie
  • 2004/12/3 10:32

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

um, I have to disagree with you Herko

xoops.css contains styles (mainly positional styles) for images, hidden text, page navigation, user menu and main menu. It is loaded before your theme style sheet, which means that your theme css file overrides any class elements that are the same. So if you want to change the style for the user menu, for example, just include the same classes and style elements in your theme css file, and change the values to suit your style.

What's the use of it? It's useful for things such as the navigation and hidden text, which are pretty much XOOPS standard - plus it's very handy having a built-in style for navigation. For the rest, I don't really see why it's there either. Possibly left over from an earlier version of Xoops, when it did have a reason to be there?

Rowd

jpco_122122

Therefore xoops.css is not really needed anymore in the newer and future release of XOOPS? What if I would like to manipulate or change the Main Menu using a javascript so it will look pretty cool?What are the things that I had to change?It is in the theme.htmlk, style.css or xoops.css?Which one?

rowdie
  • 2004/12/6 8:38

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

xoops.css is definitely needed. There are essential standard styles included in xoops.css, like I said in my previous reply.

If you want to change a style you use your theme .css file. You will never need to change anything in the xoops.css file.

To add Javascript you'd need to change the theme.html file. But to add it to the main menu I think you'd need to change the php files that produce the menu. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend it.

Have you tried the Multimenu module? I think it's got some interesting menu styles.

If you just wanted to put a background image behind the main menu you could just add that to the main menu style in your theme .css .

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits