ShortZ
3 fundamental questions
  • 2004/11/29 17:35

• ShortZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/14

1-When I register a new user myself, as the webmaster, he is not able to change his own infos and to post in my forum.

2-A lot of my users just can't enter the site. I think it's a hoster problem but if one of you have already seen something like that, just let me know ...

3-Is there a way to disable the login option ? I would like that everybody have the same right (except for the webmaster and moderators...)

loukaum
Re: 3 fundamental questions
  • 2004/11/29 17:57

• loukaum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/2

Quote:

ShortZ wrote:
1-When I register a new user myself, as the webmaster, he is not able to change his own infos and to post in my forum.

Sorry I can´t reproduce that here! for me, everthing works fine!

Quote:

2-A lot of my users just can't enter the site. I think it's a hoster problem but if one of you have already seen something like that, just let me know ...

Maybe they don´t receive the activation e-mail... Try to activate manually at the admin panel.

Quote:

3-Is there a way to disable the login option ? I would like that everybody have the same right (except for the webmaster and moderators...)

Just give the anoymous users all the permissions (in admin section) and hide the login block!

m0nty
Re: 3 fundamental questions
  • 2004/11/29 18:16

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it maybe due to a firewall blocking http header referrals.. check ur firewall settings or anti-spyware software to check if these are being blocked.. this maybe the reason ur members can't also.

there is a fix for this if u search the forum, but beware disabling the http referral check will open ur site to cross-site scripting, so more vigilance in checking ur server logs would be recommended..

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits