Cubiq
Xoops and XHTML
  • 2004/11/29 16:38

• Cubiq

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/23

I really tried every CMS around, there's no perfect CMS but XOOPS is absolutely the more flexible.

It was a pain to make a XHTML layout the exact way I wanted it to be, but only with XOOPS I was able to do something like this: www.tetsuo.it (sorry it's italian only, but I hope you can appreciate the layout anyway).

The Site (not yet open to the masses) and layout are still in beta, something need to be tweaked for IE... I'll need another 2/3 days of optimization. Hope you like it.

I'd like to thanks the XOOPS community for the great support I found on this forum (almost all questions I was going to ask were already answered on this forum).

Last what I really miss in Xoops.
- A module-wide category manager;
- As much variables as possibile accessible from Smarty (such as User Email and "new PMs number");
();
- Customizable layout areas not just "right/left columns", "main area", "center columns".

m0nty
Re: Xoops and XHTML
  • 2004/11/29 16:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

welcome to the crazy world of Xoops.. :)

and it's really good to see a newcomer who uses the search function and searches the site for answers to their questions before asking them (something a lot of people don't do) it saves on people having to repeat themselves every week :)

your theme looks nice, and is pretty fast aswell even on my lowly connection at home..

in regards to your request:

Quote:

Last what I really miss in Xoops.
- A module-wide category manager;
- As much variables as possibile accessible from Smarty (such as User Email and "new PMs number");
();
- Customizable layout areas not just "right/left columns", "main area", "center columns".

i believe most if not all of what u mentioned are being worked on and developed for the upcoming new version of XOOPS (2.1/2.2), the blocks system is definitely being worked on along with many new features that the current version lacks. so all in all i think you'll find life on XOOPS rather addicting..

carnuke
  • 2004/11/29 17:23

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Cubiq, I have to say that's a very nice site. Its very visually appealing as as well as fast. Well done for interpreting XOOPS in a creative and original way.

Good luck with your site and further development.

irmtfan
  • 2004/11/29 17:38

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

ah red color background ....my favorite

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits