zombie
How to make news look like the ones at xoops.org?
  • 2004/11/25 9:46

• zombie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

First sorry for the very easy questions.

I did set the news block as the frontpage. But my news come up with only title and read more.
I want them to look like the ones on the xoops.org. Title-first ten lines of the text-maybe photo-then read more selection. pls. help.

Plus how can I put a block to the very top of the center block. It will be like the welcome note to the site.

Thanks in advance.

jdseymour
Re: How to make news look like the ones at xoops.org?

From what I understand it is a modified version of the Spotlite module. I use the Spotlite module on my site and it works well.

Your second question, you would do that in the blocks section of the admin menu. The settings for what is shown at the top is controlled by the weight setting. a weight of 1 will be above a weight of 2, and a weight of 2 will be above a weight of 3, and so on.

HTH

CiberEspia

zombie
  • 2004/11/26 7:41

• zombie

• Just popping in

Thank you guys for your answers.
I checked both solutions. None really helped me the way I wanted it.
To be more precise. I want to be able to add multiple news blocks on my frontpage with some pictures and first paragraph of the text. The type that I used to do with nuke.
Actually my center block on the frontpage will be made only out of this news blocks.
You can check what I want from a site of my friends. www.superevariders.com. Dont mind the language of the site. How can I have the same center block look with news on XOOPS. Thanks in advance...

jpco_122122

Maybe I can give u an idea of what I am doing right now, if u want to insert an image on your new first go to system->images then add a category like images then save go back to main page, now submit a news and then there is an image manager logo out there click it then dropdown the menu and select images now u can browse for the images or files u want to upload and save it.

Hope this help with you. Have a nice day.

zombie
  • 2004/11/26 8:12

• zombie

• Just popping in

Thanks but this is not a valid option for me. It wont be efficieant. I will add a new story to my page at least every week. I want to be able to link pictures to the albums.
It is hard to belive that XOOPS can not do this. Very basic feature. I hope that it is my mistake not to be able to do it.

Center block will contain 5 latest news submissions as seperate blocks (top to bottom - newest to oldest). With the first selectable amount of lines and url linked pictures enbended into text.

Come on I am sure this is possible. Dont make me turn back to nuke. I love the clean and lean look xoops.

LazyBadger

Dirty idea...
you can create own block, which will include (I suppose)
news_index.html

This way you'll get News index page (which shows "Last N") entries, but - in separate block, which you can place on main page

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits