dickinsd
Xoops OR PostNuke?
  • 2004/11/19 21:40

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Well, not sure if I dare say this, in case I start getting hate mail

I fell out with my XOOPS site earlier, and deleted the lot (luckily my members so far are only friends)

I decided to try one of the others out there.

I went for PostNuke, and to be honest the initial feel and setup of the site/cms was really nice.

However, I have only been using XOOPS for a few days, perhaps a week at the most, but my god I missed some of its features once I started trying to do a few more advanced things.

In fact I missed the simplicity of XOOPS even when I was merely adding a banner.
I am not a coder, by any stretch, but it seems easier to tweak XOOPS code than it is to tweak PostNuke code.

So I'm back, I just wiped the lot again, and gFTP is uploading a fresh copy of XOOPS to my domain space now!

I only came to Xoops, because I couldn't get PHPNuke to work for me!

What does that say?

I hope it says that XOOPS is the best/easiest CMS to work with, rather than I am just useless. > <

So waste of databse space I know, but thank you XOOPS.

Dave

JMorris
Re: Xoops OR PostNuke?
  • 2004/11/19 21:50

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
...it seems easier to tweak XOOPS code than it is to tweak PostNuke code.

You hit the nail on the head!

You're not an idiot. I've installed every major CMS out there, and even some of the lesser known CMSs. I'm no programmer, but I've learned how to do what needs done to get a site going. I consistantly come back to XOOPS because of its ease of use, security and stability.

No CMS is perfect, XOOPS is certainly not imune to this fact. But if you just want it to work, XOOPS is definately the perfect choice.

Welcome back!

Login

Who's Online

483 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 483

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits