lemon
xcGallery Review
  • 2004/11/18 19:44

• lemon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 4

We have been really happy with our xcGallery. We have found that there are not many limitations to what you can do with the xcGalleries. The display for thumbnails in each gallery look really clean. I had to edit a bit of the code for some of the "odd" features that came with the xcGallery... for starters, on the main page you usually see a block with "Random Pictures" in it. Why? This should not be set as default. I edited that out fairly easily inside the admitin panel so that only the "Last Uploads" is shown. Also, all the "beta" that is displayed when you open a picture (eg file size, picture dimensions, views, file name, et al.) is not needed. I found this a bit harder to edit out. I had to go into the code and delete most of this stuff. It would be in my humble opinion that for the updated xcGal all items that are displayed with the picture can be selected within the admitin menu (for easier editing).

On Blocks: We have been really happy with the xcGal's static block. Very nice and works with our layout well. However we have not had the same luck with the scrolling block. Sometimes it works with the layout, and the other half of the time it doesn't "fit" and stretches the page clear across the monitor. Obviously we are not currently running the static block due to its irregularities but would like to in the future if the block could be tweaked a bit.

Thanks xcGal,
Andy Lemon

for our xcGal:http://www.le-mank.com/modules/xcgal/

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits