dickinsd
Creat a menu to display links in sentre block
  • 2004/11/15 3:06

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello all.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have had a bit of a look round, and I have downloaded and tried a fair few things from this web site over the last few days, but I just can't find anything to do the job for me!

Let me explain:

I want to creat a block, or menu on the right of my page, I want to be able to list articles in there, that when clicked will display in the centre block of my web page.

I have tried doing this with several modules etc on this site, and I am not getting anywhere, so if someone know how to do this, or what module I need, I would be very grateful!

I have tried just creating an Iframe and then getting the WF-Channel (or something like that) to display it as my homepage, but i have encoutered problems with this route basically along the lines the Iframes appearing in different places on the 2 systems I have looked at (this one - Windows XP/IE6 - And FC2 Linux/Firefox)

I have tried using stuff like the MyMenu and MiniMenu (I think that was their names) with these the layout is great, keeping in with the rest of the system and what have you, But when I click on the links (which are basically articles, located in a folder called articles @ webspace) they either open in a new window, or in the current window, there does not appear to be an option to open the links inside the centre block?

I know there's alot there, but knowing me I have probably still forgot to mention something, if so sorry, but guys, I would appreciate some help on this 'un

Thanx

Dave

dickinsd
Re: Creat a menu to display links in sentre block
  • 2004/11/15 4:09

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Ok, sorry about the post, I think I cracked it with the help of :

xoops2_mod_articles_0.17

seems to do just what I want, unfortunately, I am really tired at the min - its 4.20am and I been up too long now, so I have not had chance to put it through its paces!

Cheerz

Dave

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits